Can I lose a settlement?

Macrophobic

Or for 100% peace of mind you can use SKK Workshop ownership mod to disable the loss of settlements on unhappiness feature:

(WorkshopREF as WorkshopScript).AllowUnownedFromLowHappiness = FALSE

then totally ignore food, beds, defense and whatnot.

• 3 weeks later...

If you start web browser software on your computer and enter the website address www.nexusmods.com in the navigation box, you should be presented with a page with a white search box near the top.

If you type in the magic incantation [ skk workshop ownership ] suggested above and press the [sEARCH] button, you may be successful. The square brackets are for display demarcation, not to be typed in the search box.

Abernathy Farm is a troublemaker, in my game. Always the bed situation. Happiness at 16% lol. I assign the settlers, happiness back up to 50% after a while. Some "game" month later, they whine again. But it´s okay, i laugh about it.

Scrap the pre-built beds and build them new ones under a roof. There's a glitch with pre-built items in the workshop sometimes where the item isn't registered properly by the workshop scripts. Same kind of issue can happen with food items. If you're having issues with food, best to scrap/store them and then replant fresh ones.

Any player built items should function correctly, assuming your savegame or workshops aren't screwed up in some other way. The workshop system can be rather fragile by default.

If you start web browser software on your computer and enter the website address www.nexusmods.com in the navigation box, you should be presented with a page with a white search box near the top.

If you type in the magic incantation [ skk workshop ownership ] suggested above and press the [sEARCH] button, you may be successful. The square brackets are for display demarcation, not to be typed in the search box.

Searched and didn't find.

Or for 100% peace of mind you can use SKK Workshop ownership mod to disable the loss of settlements on unhappiness feature:

(WorkshopREF as WorkshopScript).AllowUnownedFromLowHappiness = FALSE

then totally ignore food, beds, defense and whatnot.

I suppose if that script exists in the game, then it IS possible to lose a settlement due to unhappiness. Must take a really low number, though...

I thought it was already well known that it is possible to lose a settlement if you neglect it badly enough. There is even a warning pop-up you can get in-game if your happiness at a location is reaching the danger zone - 20% or less is the cut-off for the warning I believe.

Note that this only applies to settlements where there are already friendly/neutral NPCs present when you first arrive. This would be places like Tenpines Bluff or Oberland Station, others where there are no such NPCs by default such as say Starlight Drive-In are not possible to be lost via unhappy residents.

Just build a ridiculous amount of turrets, have adequate water/power, and let the settlements run on auto-pilot.

And yeah, you can have starlight drive a complete forever-ghost town and never lose it.

This is ma biggest settlement(except Sanctuary). :D

• 2 weeks later...