Android and iOS Mobile App

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

phantomgamerz

phantomgamerz

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 266 posts
Sorry if this has been suggested before but I think once the Windows program is 'perfected' it would be great to have an app for iOS and Android that would interact with NMM on a PC allowing users to download and install modifications on the go.

azlightning213

azlightning213

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Would love an Android app :)

mcantin

mcantin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I know I am reopening this thread, but it this still an idea? I would love to see this come to fruition

SirDogManThing

SirDogManThing

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I am giving this post a bit of bump. Just imagine, what if you could enable remote mod downloading with the app and nmm? I know that is major advanced though on the back end side with the servers and all.

Edit: I didn't read the full post lol!

Edited by SirDogManThing, 22 December 2016 - 10:58 PM.

TheDestroyerOfDreams

TheDestroyerOfDreams

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
This

jsparks5701

jsparks5701

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Well if i ever actually to learn how to code I'll make a nexus downloaded app.. In could be a few years though

sp0ckrates

sp0ckrates

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
I would love to see a NexusMods app for the forum, at least. Something like Reddit or the Steam app, which lets you post comments or send IMs.

Edited by sp0ckrates, 27 February 2019 - 11:53 AM.

DoomRabbit3

DoomRabbit3

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
A Nexus App that could link to your manager on, say, a laptop or PC that has wifi should be pretty easy for me to throw together in a couple of months - maybe a bit less. Would allow you to browse mods via phone and tell the mod manager to download them. Actually installing them via mobile would be a terrible idea since you can't watch for mod incompatibilities, missing files etc. without getting various permissions from the makers of LOOT and a few other programs as well, as well as some of their source which would render their program useless so I don't see it happening.

That said I would need to talk to those in actual fiscal charge of the Nexus now days... it's a cute idea to say it was left to the community, but some are still IN CHARGE, especially of copy rights etc

I know this is a bit of a necro on this post but its the only one I've seen and I just had the same idea - and have the tools to make it happen.

Let me look around, try to dig up the permissions I need so I dont end up sued, and if I can get them a Nexus App can be done.

aaronrossnyc

aaronrossnyc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Anything going on here?

aaronrossnyc

aaronrossnyc

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip