Haks for Mods now unavailable? Come on, Someone has some.

Cathan1966

Ok, if it still available, can someone explain why I've continued to attempt to use neverwintervault.org site for over a year now, on two PC's and a laptop at 4 different houses all with the same error?

Nevermind, I will not be able to ever access that site. Both ping and tracert fail with timeouts.

So, since some of you ARE actually able to get to that server, could you please post hatspolosion to nexusmods?

And please excuse the perceived rudeness. After clicking the same site hundreds of times, from hundreds of sites pointing to it, a post telling me to click the same link yet once again was what? Helpful? Further, later it's said someone had the file I was asking for in my original post, yet would not make it available just burned my ass. I would gladly do it for someone else.

Edited by Cathan1966

Can you get there via this alternative address?

http://neverwintervault.net

You can see it's up via the Alexa traffic statistics:

http://www.all-alexa.com/siteinfo/neverwintervault.org

Perhaps there is an issue with your ISP?

Here are copies I put in my Dropbox folder:

I'd grab them now because at some point they'll be deleted.

Edited by rjshae

Ok, if it still available, can someone explain why I've continued to attempt to use neverwintervault.org site for over a year now, on two PC's and a laptop at 4 different houses all with the same error?

And please excuse the perceived rudeness. After clicking the same site hundreds of times, from hundreds of sites pointing to it, a post telling me to click the same link yet once again was what? Helpful? Further, later it's said someone had the file I was asking for in my original post, yet would not make it available just burned my ass. I would gladly do it for someone else.

Yes, I don't think telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about, that I'm spouting garbage, and that it makes me look like an idiot is merely "perceived" rudeness. It's just rudeness, and if that "please excuse" was supposed to be an apology, it was a poor one.

No, I can't explain why you can't access it, but I can assure you that the daily forum activity there shows that others don't have that problem. Considering I've never heard of anyone permanently being unable to access it, and that it's always been up when I've checked, I would say that a reasonable person would assume that you simply hadn't clicked the link at all (you certainly didn't say anything that indicated that you tried once, let alone hundreds of times), and your initial response (before your quote of the error you received) indeed sounded like you thought that the Vault that I posted a link to was the IGN Vault that was shut down in 2013.

Can you get there via this alternative address?

http://neverwintervault.net

You can see it's up via the Alexa traffic statistics:

http://www.all-alexa.com/siteinfo/neverwintervault.org

Perhaps there is an issue with your ISP?

Here are copies I put in my Dropbox folder:

I'd grab them now because at some point they'll be deleted.

Thank You Very Much rjskae, I got all three, and I'll check if one of them will work for hatsplosion. but I don't find it in the files as a hak? Do I need to combine them into a hak named Hatsplosion? Your time and response is greatly appreciated either way. And I am able to see the traffic link you sent. It seems the great majority of traffic is coming from out of country for the us. At least for some of us. The attempts I made were only from Arkansas and Oklahoma. The other guys I know ther are all unable to reach the vault either. Oh, and the alternate address doesn't work either. Could you do a tracert to the vault and attach it. I can probably route me traffic through another dns server and possibly get to it. Or post the hak?

Edited by Cathan1966

And Tchos, it was not meant to be rude. It was being straight forward. You admit to making several assumptions, which shows you in fact didn't know what you were talking about, you simply assumed you did. You assumed I was an idiot and didn't try google, nor click the links google provides, you insulted me with these assumptions. In my mind, with this being a help site, and you supposedly being a great guy to have answer me, I would have thought you would be helpful, rather than throw a flippant answer out there and go on. Assuming everyone who resorts to help from this site is some kind of idiot, and not a 51 tear old programmer who programs in 18 languages for the last 32 tears as a Senior Solutions Architect/Developer ( look it up, use google, it seems you don't know others use google, Google is your friend, type in Cathan Kirkwood for your search.) And finally, even though you have access to the file (if in fact you do), you deny it to someone who admitted defeat, and asked for help in these forums, What a great and helpful guy. I guess the assumption of these being helpful people, being on a help forum, was my bad. Thankfully, there ARE other people who are interested in being helpful here. I had really thought I wouldn't even be anyone who even read these anymore. Put quite simply, I had no hope of getting this file, other than begging here, and believe me when I say, it was a seriously hard thing for me to do with my background. I don't admit defeat, I am the go to guy for anything technical. so for me to receive an answer which not only didn't help, but insulted me, I think I was pretty easy on my reply. What I replied was in fact the absolute truth about your answer to my begging for help. Perhaps, if you claim to be helping people, as your answers in these forums would indicate, you should stop assuming, it makes an ass of you and me, and actually find out what the trouble is. My first response might be something like, can you ping the server, have you tried tracert (IF you know what that is), have you turned off any firewalls,did that help, are ther any other sites your unable to access, OR I would have simply put the file somewhere someone could get to it. You already post to nexusmods, why wouldn't you post it there, where the Campaign needs it and it's not there.

I specifically asked if someone was able to help me get the file I said. If you were not able to provide said file, from other than that damn server my tracert, and pings times out on or has it's connection reset why did you even respond? To insult my intelligence? I apologized for the percieved rudeness, as it was perceived by you, even with the offenses you put on me. To continue to spout crap about it, or not read any of my further posts, again shows your disinterest in being helpful. So if my apology, which wasn't deserved at all seemed weak to you, perhaps you should take it, as I did attempt to apologize to you at all. I never meant any offense, I meant to point out how rude and useless your answer was. I apologized because it was the right thing to do regardless of your actions or words. If your unable to take the apology there, let me once again apologize to you in sincerity for the rudeness you saw in my interaction to you. I am not usually that way. I have 32 years of interacting with help systems, and have really gotten fed up with them, as most help comes in the form you provided. Just because you are able to access something, you should not assume someone saying they need help doesn't, or isn't smart enough to have exhausted all other means.

Cathan P. Kirkwood

Senior Solutions Architect/Developer - Retired

479-226-8543

[email protected]

Thank You Very Much rjskae, I got all three, and I'll check if one of them will work for hatsplosion. but I don't find it in the files as a hak? Do I need to combine them into a hak named Hatsplosion? Your time and response is greatly appreciated either way. And I am able to see the traffic link you sent. It seems the great majority of traffic is coming from out of country for the us. At least for some of us. The attempts I made were only from Arkansas and Oklahoma. The other guys I know ther are all unable to reach the vault either. Oh, and the alternate address doesn't work either. Could you do a tracert to the vault and attach it. I can probably route me traffic through another dns server and possibly get to it. Or post the hak?

Tracing route to neverwintervault.org [148.251.86.81]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
... [snip] ...
5 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms be-40-ar01.seattle.wa.seattle.comcast.net [69.13
9.164.6]
6 10 ms 13 ms 9 ms lag-16.ear2.Seattle1.Level3.net [4.68.71.73]
7 165 ms 164 ms 164 ms ae-1-3104.edge7.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.159.
34]
8 159 ms 160 ms 161 ms 62.67.34.118
9 168 ms 166 ms 164 ms core-backbone-100g-fra.hetzner.de [80.255.15.122
]
10 164 ms 163 ms 162 ms core1.fra.hetzner.com [213.239.245.9]
11 164 ms 165 ms 166 ms core23.fsn1.hetzner.com [213.239.203.154]
12 165 ms 164 ms 164 ms ex9k2.rz20.hetzner.de [213.239.229.10]
13 165 ms 165 ms 164 ms neverwintervault.org [148.251.86.81]
Trace complete.

You rock rjshae, my personal phone and email is listed, if I can ever help you with something technical, or program related, please allow me to repay the favor.

I posted the file for others with the problems I face, now they too can play Umbral Abyss. It's truly a shame that there is not more content on Nexus than there is. Even less on ModsDB.

And after much research and phone calls, emails, etc, it turns out that the overall answer to why I couldn't get to it, is that many servers here in the US won't allow a link to an overseas location in particular areas of the globe. I was able to see the report of usage, and it's very obvious the US isn't getting a portion of the traffic. Exede's DNS servers and router Network Admins, in the US, have stated that they do not allow, but reset the connection when attempted. I called quite a few of my colleagues, in Houston, Seattle, St. Louis, California, and a few others, and out of 19 of them, 3 were able to access the server that I time out at, and could go to the vault. All 3 were AT&T service. I see your service is through comcast, so those must work as well. I have contacted the server admins at the server I time out on, and the server the next hop over, and they said they would look into changing those rules. I'm not holding my breath.

Cathan P. Kirkwood

Senior Solutions Architect/Developer - Retired

479-226-8543

[email protected]

Edited by Cathan1966

And after much research and phone calls, emails, etc, it turns out that the overall answer to why I couldn't get to it, is that many servers here in the US won't allow a link to an overseas location in particular areas of the globe.

Hmm, it's a bit odd that they are blocking Germany. They're not exactly a den of inappropriate activity.

Thanks.