Haks for Mods now unavailable? Come on, Someone has some.

Cathan1966

I've been talking to the Network Admins for my ISP, and they basically said deal with it.

And the Opera browser was unknown to me, it's not one that's common for building content for as a programmer, I was going to use a buddies hosted server as remote desktop and browse from there,I'll see what opera can do, thank you much for that piece of information. Really burns my ass, I used a guest access while at my doctors appointment this morning, and went right to the vault.

Have you tried using a proxy server or a vpn (virtual private network - the Opera browser has a free one built in). It is possible that you might get around your problem with one of these.

TR

TarotRedHand,

I, and at least 9 others, am in your debt. One of the things that we, having this issue, were talking about was buying a subscription for a vpn connection. No-one really wanted to do that. Opera's VPN was exactly what we needed, without having to buy a subscription. I've already spread the word to the people I know having this issue, and every one of them have successfully connected to the Vault. Your information is OUT OF THE PARK. And to be honest, something as simple as searching "Free VPN" should have been something we thought of, in discussing VPN. I guess as programmers, Network admins, and architects, Free isn't something we generally deal with.

I need to get this information in a google searchable spot, tied to connection issues with the vault, so others will not fight this issue for months, or just give up like many I know, did.

Opera is the oldest browser out of ie/firefox/chrome/opera. It was the first to introduce speed-dial and continues to innovate, 4 extensions you might want to consider are (even though it has a built-in ad-blocker) adblock plus, ghostery, https everywhere and IP Address and Domain Information. This latter one tells you loads of info about the page you are on including the country it is based in.

Finally, if any web site seems to be down use the Down For Everyone Or Just Me web site. It is self-explanatory in use (hint put it on speed dial).

TR