[PROJECT] Classes Rework

Lesc707

Hey all! This is my first post so I guess proper introductions are in order: My name is Esc and I suck at introductions. With that out of the way, let's get to the juicy part!

I'm just learning how to properly mod this game (thanks to two absolutely amazing tutorials that will be linked in the end of this post!), and as my first real project I'm thinking about some drastic changes to be made to many classes.

Right now, I'm about to turn the Barbarian into a Drain Tank instead of an AoE Auto Attacker. During his Frenzy (now Modal), he gets a Penalty to his Deflection and Constitution. However, he also heals for 100% of the damage dealt. This seems way too good right now, so as a balance point I might take away some of his extra Attack Speed or even remove his Carnage (and perhabs add it as an ability that allows him to hit AoE for some time). Alternatively, I might just take away Carnage from the base class and swap it with Drain Life.

The Fighter is my next project. For him I'm aiming at giving him more stuff to do during an encounter by increasing the uses of his actives (and possibly adding abilities from other classes if needed). Of course, the effects of such abilities would be reduced to compensate for it's many uses. I'll also look if it's possible to have them Cooldown Based. Might make it easier to balance that way (so he's not OP in short fights by knockdown-locking people, but not UP in long fights by not having enough abilities to work with). His base stats and modals might also suffer a little for balance's sake.

The rest of the classes I'll see as I get to them. Right now, I'd like to hear your opinions on my currently planned changes and would absolutely love to hear your ideas for other ones!

This post and my poor modding abilities are a courtesy of Staehrminator. If you like my idea, you can thank him for being a badass and powering through the not-even-a-bit-intuitive modding proccess of this game and putting the knowledge easily accessible for everyone!

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86034-tutorial-making-potions-usable-outside-of-combat/ https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86074-tutorial-editing-abilities-talents-and-items/)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to ask a little Mod to you, it's about the leveling points of a Ranger and the issue of keeping up Ranger and Pet.

Could you make the Pet's abilities and talents automatically unlocked and gained on level up, like the priest's spells?

OR

Could you make the Pet have a separated level up screen, points and XP?

Thank you! :)

• 3 months later...

Hey all! This is my first post so I guess proper introductions are in order: My name is Esc and I suck at introductions. With that out of the way, let's get to the juicy part!

I'm just learning how to properly mod this game (thanks to two absolutely amazing tutorials that will be linked in the end of this post!), and as my first real project I'm thinking about some drastic changes to be made to many classes.

Right now, I'm about to turn the Barbarian into a Drain Tank instead of an AoE Auto Attacker. During his Frenzy (now Modal), he gets a Penalty to his Deflection and Constitution. However, he also heals for 100% of the damage dealt. This seems way too good right now, so as a balance point I might take away some of his extra Attack Speed or even remove his Carnage (and perhabs add it as an ability that allows him to hit AoE for some time). Alternatively, I might just take away Carnage from the base class and swap it with Drain Life.

The Fighter is my next project. For him I'm aiming at giving him more stuff to do during an encounter by increasing the uses of his actives (and possibly adding abilities from other classes if needed). Of course, the effects of such abilities would be reduced to compensate for it's many uses. I'll also look if it's possible to have them Cooldown Based. Might make it easier to balance that way (so he's not OP in short fights by knockdown-locking people, but not UP in long fights by not having enough abilities to work with). His base stats and modals might also suffer a little for balance's sake.

The rest of the classes I'll see as I get to them. Right now, I'd like to hear your opinions on my currently planned changes and would absolutely love to hear your ideas for other ones!

This post and my poor modding abilities are a courtesy of Staehrminator. If you like my idea, you can thank him for being a badass and powering through the not-even-a-bit-intuitive modding proccess of this game and putting the knowledge easily accessible for everyone!

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86034-tutorial-making-potions-usable-outside-of-combat/ https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86074-tutorial-editing-abilities-talents-and-items/)

Hey Esc. Can you point me to the file containing the class data so I can take a whack at it as well? I wanted to tweak some things such as deflection, HP and change some stuff here and there, nothing too big.

Also, would you happen to know how to adjust stuff like the number of starting attribute points along with the maximum and minimum values you can set during character creation? I'd like to set the minimum for each attribute to 8 so that you couldn't take down Resolve or Intellect all the way to 3 or anything like that and cap the maximum at 16 instead of 18.