Create and Run Your Own Guild

Slowan

I would love to actually create my own guild in the game. There are many large mansions and castles mods that could be used as your base. The mod could allow you to set your own headquarters, that way you could use whatever mod you want for your headquarters or use a place in the vanilla game. There are notification board mods that append miscellaneous quests to your quest list, maybe something like that can be done for your guild members. I would like to actually send them out on quests to do different things depending on which type of guild you decide to start.

âEDIT
âThe guild itself needs to have a relationship with each of the holds. As the guilds reputation with each hold increases, you will be given higher paying quests depending on which type of guild you are running.
âEach guild will have members that train and get better at their "craft" whether that be archery for hunting and collecting pelts and ingredients or mercantile for merchants and so on.

Guild Ideas
Hunters Guild:
* Make compatible with the hunter mod that is already in existence.
* Send your hunters out for different loot based on their skill level. Ultimate prize may be dragon bones/scales.
* Decorate your guild with stuffed animals and animal heads.
- possible other mod idea, add taxidermy crafting with its own tools and stuff to make these things.
* Craft clothing and dyes for your guild to sell throughout Skyrim.

- High level guild members have the best goods sought by the highest paying customers such as jarls and cloud district citizens.
* Craft leather goods.
- Let this be affected by Immersive Armors mods and things like that so that you can make a lot more leather types of armors.
- Tents and blanket rolls and beds could be some other things that you could craft and sell for the guild.
* Gather meat to sell to merchants for the guild.
â* Level up members in archery. If a perk system has been added through another mod, perhaps level them up in their ability to gather ingredients off of what they kill or even off of the flora (Blue mountain flowers and so on).

Merchants Guild:

* Establish trade routes between the holds.
* I seem to remember a mod that makes trade more immersive and changes the prices of items between holds based on what natural goods they have there and produce there.. Get 'em cheap and sell 'em high! That way, you could have a trade route that buys apples say in Windhelm where they might actually be able to grow and sell them up north for a high price there. Buy something that is produced there and in need down south, and go back to sell it. Have merchants just go back and forth to do this. As your guild gains reputation or more favorable relationships with the different holds, you gain enough of a relationship with them that you are able to establish trade routes with them. Add it in the dialogue somewhere that you would like to establish a trade route and have them say something affirmative or negative in return until you get enough of a relationship with them to establish trade routes in their towns.
* Upgrade your guild from broken down to ornate furniture and accommodations for guild members as the guild grows using hearth-fire type building.
* Upgrade merchants mercantile skills and have them sell more expensive items and enchanted items.

â* In true entrepreneurship style, as you level up your guild hall and gain more beautiful accommodations, charge rent for weary travelers.

Craftsmen Guild:
* Upgrade members to be able to craft new things.
* Have your members fulfill orders.
* Design it to be open enough so that when other mods that add other items to the game, these may be crafted as well.
* As members improve in skill, allow them to craft more and more elaborate pieces of armor and weapons.
* Have a resident wizard for enchanting who also improves his abilities to enchant.
* This one would be really cool to have headquartered at a mine such as Windstaad mine (another mod that makes you the proud owner of a mine) or another mod that places a mine at your location.

Fighters Guild:

* Train fighters in different skills (one handed, two handed, armor, etc...)
* Upgrade fighters equipment.
* Send small teams to take out different random threats (Bandit camp leaders, witches covens, rampaging trolls and dragons etc...) as part of mercenary work to make money for the guild.
* Decorate guild with mannequins with armor and weapons racks.
* Retrieve stolen loot from bandits (weapons, armors, enchanted jewelry) and put it on display or allow for members to use it.

Mages Guild:

* Train mages in the arcane arts and spend perk points on their different skills.
* Create potions and enchanted armor and weapons and jewelry to sell.
* Send mages to retrieve lost books to fill library with knowledge.
* Send mages to retrieve magical creatures to study their bodies (trolls regenerative abilities, taproot monster things whose names I can't remember, atranauchs)
* Send mages to handle magical threats to different holds.
* Create scrolls and books

Thieves Guild:
* Steal stuff, duh
* Break people out of prison

Assassin's Guild:

* Kill people, duh.

What other interesting things would you add to this mod?

Edited by Slowan

Yeah, I thought about the bards guild, but I don't know how much you could possibly do with it. I was thinking that maybe one of the bards goals would be to get contracts with each of the inns for one of your bards to go to. Not really sure how you would upgrade your bards though. I'm sure that someone could have some really awesome ideas with it and do some really cool stuff with it though!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...