• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

confusedaccount

confusedaccount

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I may be getting a bit over my head with this. 

I just saw the Nate companion mod seen here and thought about what if Fallout 4 had the feature for you to build both Nate and Nora with different special stats. Not only that, but what if both characters were playable in a GTA V style kind of way where you can switch between them in VATS.

Players may give Nate a more powerful, tank-y build, while Nora has a more sneaky, charismatic build.  For instance, in a fight scenario, you send Nate head-first into a group of raiders, while Nora sneaks around in the back to grab loot and get to the objective of the quest. This can also be Nora and Nate having the same Tank stats and being a tag-team of walking bulldozers. 

AishaLove

AishaLove

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

This seems impossible, this woulod require core game engine changes I think

montky

montky

collaber and futzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

@confusedaccount;

that is an awesome idea and thanks for sharing it.

I hope you'll ask a similar question at a lot of locales,

such as moddb, thisweekintech, code-stack-exchange and your local lan clubs etc...

this would be a fairly ambitious mod.

It would change the player.node framework...

Spoiler

tawatabak

tawatabak

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

this would be an awesome mod

maybe instead of playing your spouse you could play your companions

slippinjimmy420

slippinjimmy420

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I remember a skyrim mod that allowed you to play as your companions, this would be great for the dual survivors mod in fallout 4 or to play as the other companions. 

SirDanest

SirDanest

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

There is a console command to take control of npcs but its controls were clunky from what I've seen.  I couldn't get the camera to follow the controlled npc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nate, nora, companions, playable, mod idea/request

Page loaded in: 1.121 seconds