What is causing this?

TheBarkoftheTree

I've been dealing with this thing for far too long. It happens at random after I complete a mission. I have a very light mod load out so what is going on here? (What happens is that after a mission completes at random I end up at the bottom of the avenger and am stuck there until I reboot steam thus rebooting the game.)

I have all the settings at their lowest and the game runs really well (100FPS Avg.) So it can't be a memory or preformance issue.

Mods: Evac all, Long War 2, Stop wasting my time, Free Camera Rotation, LW2 Playable aliens, Freeman's Mind Voice Pack, Pinkie Pie Voice Pack, Hack Plus, Squad Cohesion, The MOCX Initiatve, LW2 Teir III Grenades, Extract Corpses.

(In case I didn't make it clear enough what you are seeing is the bottom of the avenger. This appears instead of the overview screen and and due to scroling being locked I'm stuck there. The only way to fix it is to reboot steam. Like a full restart offline then go online so the mods can enable. And no playablr aliens isn't causing it. I got this before I installed it.)

Edited by TheBarkoftheTree

There's a ~300 post thread on the Workshop about this, multiple Reddit posts and this on Pavonis Interactive's forum.

There's no single mod causing it which has been identified (and some people have had it in vanilla).

Fixes mooted include: waiting ~10 seconds in the Skyranger before clicking the Proceed button, manually setting your virtual memory to a min and max of 16GB, using a 3rd party memory manager (I used to use CleanMem but that doesn't play nice with Win10 and games), exiting and reloading your last turn's tactical save.