TES3, What have I missed?

jojo man

Hey Jojo Man! Hope to see you on FEAR sometime!

Anyways,I personally think that Morrowind had a better storyline, and there was no fast travel, so the game was more immersive, and you kind of forgot that you were in a game...

Man, I really wish I downloaded Morroblivion before it got taken down! :pinch:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great game by itself, but like Oblivion it can be made so much better with mods.

Should you decide to get Morrowind, these are the things to look for:

Improving Graphics

Morrowind Graphics Extender

Connary's Texture Replacers'

Better Bodies

Vality's Bitter Coast and Ascadian Isle Rainforest mod

Vality's Ice Caverns enhanced

Improving gameplay

Galsiah's Character Development. I never play without it. With this mod you don't have to worry about raising the right skills just to get that x5 to strength or whatever attribute multiplier again. It also adds magicka regeneration.

Creatures New monsters!

Less Generic NPC's Unique dialogue for all! Well, for the npc's in areas that have been finished.

Other stuff

Tamriel Rebuilt The first map of the mod that aims to add the whole of Tamriel is out! :)

Oh and cliff racers are overrated. They are easy to kill, and only do health damage. Greater Bonewalkers are much worse, because besides damaging your health, they drain your strength too! :wallbash:

I really appreciate the links Povuholo. And i'm already sucked into the game. I haven't met any of the Greater bonewalkers yet, but I have already been in a few fights with the cliff racers. And i've also ran into a regular bonewalker once or twice already and both times I was almost killed. Anyways...right now i'm just trying to figure out how to join the Morag Tong. I've made my way to Vivec, and when i'm asking around town the best lead I can get is that its rumored that they have a base under the arena. When I go into the arena underworks, all I can find are a few mice. But i'm having alot more fun figuring things out for myself(unlike oblivions spoon-fed approach).

You lucky man... Enjoy it now, it's never as good as the first time you do it. Playing Morrowind, that is. Maybe surpassed only by playing Morrowind with a large bunch of quality mods installed. For me, Morrowind was much more than Oblivion will ever be.

@Povuholo: I'm glad at least SOMEONE realizes who is truly the worst enemy of them all! Their *gasp*-ing sound is probably the most terrifying part of the game, especially if followed by a fiery spell effect and a "you are over-encumbered" message.

I really appreciate the links Povuholo. And i'm already sucked into the game. I haven't met any of the Greater bonewalkers yet, but I have already been in a few fights with the cliff racers. And i've also ran into a regular bonewalker once or twice already and both times I was almost killed. Anyways...right now i'm just trying to figure out how to join the Morag Tong. I've made my way to Vivec, and when i'm asking around town the best lead I can get is that its rumored that they have a base under the arena. When I go into the arena underworks, all I can find are a few mice. But i'm having alot more fun figuring things out for myself(unlike oblivions spoon-fed approach).

Absolutely! Maybe you don't have to think too often in MW but in Ob you don't have to think at all. Next IMO become a clan aundae vamp and do tne misc vamp quests (you need yt have done Boethiah's quest first,)

Absolutely! Maybe you don't have to think too often in MW but in Ob you don't have to think at all. Next IMO become a clan aundae vamp and do tne misc vamp quests (you need yt have done Boethiah's quest first,)

I agree with both of you all the way! Bonewalkers really creep me out, especially when it was pitch black, and you dropped your last torch to lighten up your load, and then you hear the fighting music going, and all of a sudden you hear right behind you, "Huff! Huff!" The Cliffracers were still anoying though... That's why I bought the "Anti-Cliffracer Belt (a mod)!" they were definitely a pain in the a** for archers and "blademasters... :dry: Not for Mages though! :D The magic in Morrowind seemed quite a bit stronger in Morrowind... and more "Realistic." By "realistic," I mean it seems more accurate to what it would be like if it actually exsisted in real life...

And also, it seemed that Morrowind had more puzzles and diversity, whereas Oblivion has the standard "Hack and Slash" dungeons (although I gotta admit that the traps are a nice effect).

Man oh man, where has this game been all my life? Oblivion was never anywhere as much fun(except when heavily modded) as Morrowind! I never realized how much having fast travel and quest markers took away from gameplay either. And the greater number of dungeon types are really great too. Just out of curiosity, is it supposed to be really easy to make money? I'm only level three but i've already got 6000+ gold from dungeon crawling. The only two quests that i've done are the ones where I have to discover the fate of the missing tax collector and exact revenge on the killer, and the one where I have to purge a cave of slavers, so i'm not earning my income by doing work for others.

P.S. Oh, and Gman... We can slug it out on Monday!

Man oh man, where has this game been all my life? Oblivion was never anywhere as much fun(except when heavily modded) as Morrowind! I never realized how much having fast travel and quest markers took away from gameplay either. And the greater number of dungeon types are really great too. Just out of curiosity, is it supposed to be really easy to make money? I'm only level three but i've already got 6000+ gold from dungeon crawling. The only two quests that i've done are the ones where I have to discover the fate of the missing tax collector and exact revenge on the killer, and the one where I have to purge a cave of slavers, so i'm not earning my income by doing work for others.

I think this is because the dungeons are quite a bit harder in Morrowind.

BTW, what race is your Character? I was a Dark Elf, and I found a ring that gave me 25% Fire, Frost and Shock Damage resistance. So, add the fire resistance onto my already 75% resistance, and I was immune to Fire Damage! :P (75% + 25%=100% :D )

I could even walk IN lava without getting hurt at all! ;D

P.S. Oh, and Gman... We can slug it out on Monday!

I'm an Imperial Juggernaut(custom melee class). But i'll just sack a few dungeons, sell the loot, rinse and repeat. The next thing I know... I'm up to my kneecaps in cash( not that i'm complaining).

Archived