Mass Effect Andromeda Modding

Kezriak

Hope so. I like to customize my squad, but there is a certain level from which it becomes tedious and annoying rather than interesting.

Overall what I see around is a pushed-too-soon product. Hope they polish it or it will be a neat flop.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ready and waiting to see if anyone can get anything out of this game, modding-wise. If any of you find out anything (including where any potential modding is being discussed on other sites/forums) please let me know. I'll keep a close eye on it.

Hope so. I like to customize my squad, but there is a certain level from which it becomes tedious and annoying rather than interesting.

I agree, but they really messed up by completely taking it out of ME:A... there are no companion outfits, no color customization, you can't even pick which weapon they'll take into combat. I really enjoyed my 10 hr trial but it's absolutely killing me that I can't give my squadmates a suit of armor or tell them to take a rifle not a shotgun.

A lot of hype on this one for sure. I, for one, will let this one pass by. I love sci-fi but just can't get into the ME franchise at all for some reason. I never did finish ME3, got so bored I removed it, and ME 2 was tedious at best. I think if modding could be done it would certainly be a good thing for the this new one coming out. It will be interesting to see if modding can be done.

I agree, but they really messed up by completely taking it out of ME:A... there are no companion outfits, no color customization, you can't even pick which weapon they'll take into combat. I really enjoyed my 10 hr trial but it's absolutely killing me that I can't give my squadmates a suit of armor or tell them to take a rifle not a shotgun.

That sounds like another Mako ghost - "users complained about the vehicle, what do we do?"

Exec suit - "cut it out completely and replace it with more covers!"

They're gonna put a goddamn cover on your cover so you can cover while you cover.

Gameplay is a successor of ME1? Ugh.. yet again I have to spend 200h only on fiddling with tiny armor and weapon bits. Seriously, that was painful. If i want to do 1000 aspect micromanagement I'll just go work.

You misunderstand me, it's a succesor that takes some cues from it, giving me the feeling of that games influence. Rather than the to much of a pure shooter clone feeling I got from ME2. Which I liked the least, that was more due to the killing Shepard, to force the working for Cerberus storyline.

Remember I've barely scratched the surface yet, only got 1 extra squad member, above the starting squad, not even got all the abilities yet.

If it's anything like DAI, much of the game can be ignored, if it's not to your liking. I hated the MMO style of that, but didn't get that in the MEA trial.

I gave up on DAI, and only went back this year, with mods fixing most of the problems I had, ignored most of the sidequests, and enjoyed it much more.

As for bugs, I didn't see anything (doesn't mean they don't exist), beyond the animation one, which Bioware say is a bug, but that was irrelevant to my enjoyment, it seems to bother YouTubers, from what I see. That's most likely a views getting tactic.

I enjoyed what I played, and want to play more.

There's a lot of Anti-hype, from those looking for faults, due to the ME3 ending, and the usual Bioware fanboys.

I have no interest in that, and everything I say is based on a 10 hour trial, which stops before you open thr first Remnant entrance door (Father opens one before that).

That was about 5 hours in, ignoring sidequests, I then restarted with my full playthrough, and got about 2/3 of that done, with sidequests.

Even reviewers with the full game, can only talk about the trial until release, so wait and see if you have doubts, or go for the trial first, and it actually costs less, even if you buy the game, plus you get a months access to play another game, if you don't want MEA.

Gopher's got a balanced video, giving his opinion.

MASS EFFECT: Andromeda - First Impressions - YouTube

I've made my decision, based on what I've actually played, not what anyone else says, and I've not looked at any pre-release hype, from either side, but even so have noticed the anti-hype is stronger, in forum comments sections.

I don't think Origin Access is worth more than a one month subscription, for trying MEA.

Saving a bit if you get the game (10% which works out to £1 cheaper, for Standard game, plus a month's OA), and still having that month to play another game, if you don't like it. That makes it not that bad, but a free trial would be much better.

You should decide on the game released, not what others say, especially when most of them haven't played it.

Even with those that have played, including myself, all have different tastes, and like different games. Decide on the game, for yourself, not the hype, or anti-hype.

As with any game, mods will improve things, you can easily wait for them to get going, I rarely by games at release, without the trial, I wouldn't have got this one, until later.

That sounds like another Mako ghost - "users complained about the vehicle, what do we do?"

Exec suit - "cut it out completely and replace it with more covers!"

They're gonna put a goddamn cover on your cover so you can cover while you cover.

Exactly! The worst part is the 'Mako' (called the Nomad now) is back and soooooo much better. Kinda baffling, they took something that wasn't well received and tweaked it to make it better and actually enjoyable, so why didn't they do the same with the companion management system?!

Nomad better than Mako? Without any weapons? Nope..

By the way, reviews are up! They managed to make worse game than DA2! :laugh:

Average 75% score of the critic on metacritic and even lower on game rankings... :ermm:

Edited by Luke1987

Why are we paying for unfinished games? The MOD community does the work for devs. This is the third ME and it does feel like they phoned it in. I do not find it Innovating as a AAA of this pedigree should be. Not for the AAA price.

Why are we paying for unfinished games? The MOD community does the work for devs. This is the third ME and it does feel like they phoned it in. I do not find it Innovating as a AAA of this pedigree should be. Not for the AAA price.

4th ME game, and they never counted on mod makers at any point. They don't even support them officially.