Map invisible. Need help, all fixes are outdated.

GrandpaChew

I'll post my load order if necessary. Recently got over a game-breaking CTD, and now this. Every time I open up my map, my camera flies through a bunch of terrain, and I end up staring into the sky, with all my map icons in the corners of my screen.

http://imgur.com/a/jitDC

I've checked around for a solution, with which I've been met by people talking about MapMenu in the Skyrim.ini, but that isn't in the ini anymore, so I have no idea what to do. The only mods I have that would affect the map are "A Quality World Map" and "SkyUI". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm just taking a guess but it seems like viewing the map is making use of the game's camera and just showing you the map in front of it. I would suspect any sort of camera/viewpoint mods may be the cause screwing up the view of the map. Try disabling those and see if it fixes anything.

I'm having same exact issue.

Sometimes I get a blank map, other time the game just crashes.

My master files are all clean, I have the unofficial legendary patch, I made a Bashed patched.

My Papyrus logs provide nothing useful when the game does crash anyway.

My Modlist and Ini Files are here: https://modwat.ch/u/celly (NOTE: My Papyrus logs are off currently)

This was sorted with LOOT, the problem doesnt happen on a unmodded game so I know its a mod issue.

My current camera mod has never caused this issue before, I dont know if this is a UI bug or a script with some completely unrelated mod bugging out.

My problem seems to be gone, I went through and enabled my mods 2-3 at a time to see which one was the culprit. It seems like the way Mod organizer was handling my Bashed patch was causing issues.

Im not sure what your problem could be since we don't have your modlist. Maybe check your bashed patch too, idk if you use Mod organizer or not.

EDIT:

Problem still persisting.

Doesn't seem like a ini tweak or anything so far.

Edited by deviantgodiva

Annnd I'm back once more.

I've narrowed down the problem to my bashed.patch.

When I disable it, map works fine, even tried a game with all my mods unmerged, map still works.

Something is going on with the way Wyre Bash is making my patch.

I experienced the EXACT same problem as OP down to the exact look that was provided in the picture. This occurred after I had created a bashed patch. I am not sure what exactly is causing this

behavior but I am still looking for a fix. If anyone here has found one or know what is causing it PLEASE let us know. I am new to using Wrye Bash so I figured maybe I screwed up somewhere like I had questions as to whether or not I should switch off FNIS before running the patch and then activating fnis after the patch with the fnis mod I have (flying mod beta). If anyone can answer this I need help!

• 3 weeks later...

I was having the same problem. After much ado, I found that a mod called Fall of the Space Core (portal2mod.bsa, and portal2mod.esp) was causing it. Maybe that mod just needs to have bash tags added to it? Anyway, I just disabled that mod. The map works correctly, now. I was able to check all of the boxes listed in the Import Cells section of the bashed patch configuration menu. Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

hey i'm having the exact same problem with my map. it looks just like that image above, the markers look like they are in the corner of the screen. i have no clue what could be causing this either. it is definitely not my ini files, i haven't tinkered with them for a while since i just use a tool called bethini to do that for me

i'm starting a new playthrough and am going back and forth deciding what enb and weather overhaul to use. i thought i might have screwed something up with the settings but i tried wthout any enb and i still have this map thing happening all of the sudden. but still, irdk because i've used them before anyway, and the order is all still the same in the mod organizer modlist.

anyways i have been starting lots of new games and sorting with loot, and building lots of merge and bash patches lately. this is a very recent topic on here too. the new wyre bash version is kind of intimidating. it deactivates so many plugins and throws them in the patch and changed a lot more records since the version i used on my last playthrough. i saw that other people had mentioned something about bashed patches on this topic too

i have skyrim very stable (FINALLY) i mean, i'm not getting crashes anywhere! and suddenly i start a game today, and happen to open the map for the first time, and there's nothing there. just like that picture above. so i'm really stumped here.

i can only guess that: loot changed something in the load order, and i can't see it; the merge patch in tes5edit made a change to something; orr the bashed patch changed something, or i allowed it to merge a plugin that needed to be active in the load order. at the end, it lists how many records it changes and it seems like it's a different number in there everytime i build a patch. maybe i built too many patches and wyre bash needs reinstalled?

EDIT: It's the bashed patch causing the blank map problem for me! i started a new game with it checked in mo, and no map. i saved, unchecked the bashed patch, reloaded the save, and there was the map again, perfectly fine. i even tried the bashed patch without deactivating any plugins for the built in merge patch feature and still got the same result. i reinstalled wyre bash too and still have the same thing happening! this is the latest version of wrye bash on the nexus. i was using it for some time now and never had this problem. i'd love to know why it's doing this all of the sudden!

Edited by Guest

I am having the same problem after doing a bashed patch. It's a shame too, because it finally seems to be running stable after making it. Just now I can no longer use the world map. Also when I close the map, it makes the world black like nighttime (even in the middle of the day) until I load into an interior and then back outside. A light source works to find your way around, which makes me wonder if the issue isn't related to ENB - maybe the map is working, it is just forced into darkness when it is opened? I am not sure, will try disabling the ENB and see if that fixes it. I have already tried disabling A better world map (thought it might be the culprit) and removed 3d map textures, but that did not help.

Edit : After removing the ENB, the map is still blank, though it is a lighter shade (more gray then black) and I can see the map icons for a moment before it goes blank. It also gets rid of the world looking pitch black after closing the map. I am stumped as to what the cause could be.

Edited by nizo211

I think I finally found a working fix for this issue. I opened TES5Edit, waited for it to load the plugin data in the left hand column. After the list was populated, I scrolled down to bashed patch, 0.esp and clicked the + symbol next to it which opens up the subs for the bashed patch. The I clicked on the + symbol next to the Worldspace category under bashed patch's subs. Then in the next set of subs, I clicked on Tamriel to highlight it, which opens up it's data in the right hand column. From there I went to the MNAM - Map Data section and edited ONLY the --- Camera Data section to the following values (which match most of the other mods) :

--Camera Data
--Min Height 50000.000000
--Max Height 80000.000000
-- Initial Pitch 50.000000

When you click on a field to edit, it will popup with a warning to make sure you want to edit a module, I said yes I am sure and just entered those values instead of the all zeros that bashed patch had and then I closed TES5Edit and saved the change to bashed patch. When I reloaded the game, the map was working again with the bashed patch. I don't know if it's the best fix, but it's working and after a dozen hours of trying different things - I'll take it! :)