Map invisible. Need help, all fixes are outdated.

GrandpaChew

yeah, it's the bashed patch from wrye bash 307beta1 that's causing a blank map on my end. i went back to 306, and there's no map problem with a bashed patch installed. what i'd like to know, is why 307 was not doing it until just a few days ago... i mean i had been using it for a while, with roughly the same mod list and didn't notice anything like that before.

oddly enough, it started happening right afer this 'cumulative update for windows' i got last week. makes me wonder. another weird thing is that i built my tes5merged patch just before using wyre bash, and before the map issue, the esp was always being highlighted in purple because it has a 'nomerge' tag added to it. it isn't showing up like that anymore. i have another plugin with a nomerge tag (wm trapfixes) and that one is still being deactivated before building the bashed patch.

i'm kinda at a loss as to what to try. really, the only reason i'm using bashed patches are for the leveled lists. and doesn't tes5edit handle that in the first place?? people say wrye bash handles them better, but to be perfectly honest, i'm having a lot more problems with a bashed patch than without. i mean, it wants to deactivate and merge all of these plugins, which is always nice. yet when it does, i will often see the mod malfuntion. e.g. i merged an audio plugin into the bashed patch and it only played one sound over and over. i enabled the real plugin that came with the mod and everything was fine. i'm not adept enough to go in to wyre bash and manually add tags to mods that i didn't make or know nothing about, and i doubt most people who use wyre bash are either.

man bottom line though: 307 changes waayy more records and merges waayy more plugins than 306. overkill maybe?

Edited by Guest

It's a good question and I am new to making bashed patches, but I followed all directions to the letter and still ended up with the broken map. 307.2016 was the standalone I installed and had the issues with, for me it changed 1405 records. I haven't used 306, but I would be curious to know if 306 sets the Camera Data section for Tamriel in the bashed patch to 0/0/0 as well, because I am pretty sure that is what broke the map. It's working like a charm now that I set those values back to what would seem to be the default. As for issues with it's merged mods, I can't really comment, the only mod it merged for me was RSChildren - Complete.esp and so far it appears to have done the job.

for me, version 306 changes around two thousand records and deactivates two of my plugins. with version 307, it changes 6000 records and deactivates at least ten of my plugins! I don't have any plugins that change the map, so I can only assume that it's a record being changed. why it wasn't causing problems with the map until a few days ago, I've no clue. I guess I'll keep using 306 for the time being. at least until this map problem with 307 starts to surface with more people, and it gets fixed by the developers.

• 5 months later...

I think I finally found a working fix for this issue. I opened TES5Edit, waited for it to load the plugin data in the left hand column. After the list was populated, I scrolled down to bashed patch, 0.esp and clicked the + symbol next to it which opens up the subs for the bashed patch. The I clicked on the + symbol next to the Worldspace category under bashed patch's subs. Then in the next set of subs, I clicked on Tamriel to highlight it, which opens up it's data in the right hand column. From there I went to the MNAM - Map Data section and edited ONLY the --- Camera Data section to the following values (which match most of the other mods) :

--Camera Data

--Min Height 50000.000000

--Max Height 80000.000000

-- Initial Pitch 50.000000

When you click on a field to edit, it will popup with a warning to make sure you want to edit a module, I said yes I am sure and just entered those values instead of the all zeros that bashed patch had and then I closed TES5Edit and saved the change to bashed patch. When I reloaded the game, the map was working again with the bashed patch. I don't know if it's the best fix, but it's working and after a dozen hours of trying different things - I'll take it! :smile:

This sorted it. Thanks so much. No idea why the bashed patch did that, but really appreciate the fix!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

So I found this thread after messing with this same issue all day. I found that if I rebuild the patch and uncheck the 'Import Cells' item in the second pop-up, I can activate the Bashed Patch, 0.esp without screwing up the map. I thought a bug this in-your-face was probably being worked on so I checked out the Wrye Bash GitHub issues page and nary a mention of it. Turns out this is one of those "when all else fails, read the directions" kind of problems. When I looked at the General Readme at https://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html#patch-importing it says that all of those checkboxes on the second pop-up are "Oblivion Only." That sort of answers the question of why more people aren't clamoring for a fix: they all read the directions.