64 bit os x64-based processor

From Nvidia Control Panel:

NVidia Geforce GTX 1070

Driver Version 378.66

Total Available Graphics 16348MB

Dedicated Video Memory 8192MB GDDR5

System Video Memory 0MB

Shared System Memory 8156MB

I'm currently running a modded skyrim, 103 plug-in's and 148 total mods, my enb is truevision. I'm having issues with stuttering and occasional ctd in areas that have high requirements for memory. I ran a performance moniter for a short amount of time without doing anything major, just walking around without a follower, and doing no quests. There were a few spikes up to 100% . Through research, I learned that windows 10 limits grahics memory to 4064MB at most for dx9 games. Using a VRamSizeDx9 I learned that was true and nothing short of dual booting to windows 7 could change it.

As can be seen from my system specs I should be able to use much, much more video memory. I'm considering installing windows 7 as a dual boot, but not sure if the installation risks are worth the gain in graphics and performance. Dx9 games are slowly disappearing and dx12 games are becoming more prevalent. I'd prefer to continue with windows 10, but I didn't spend $1800 on a gaming pc, monitor and pc, to accept only half of the graphics that could be had. Microsoft and NVidia don't seem to be very concerned because it is only an issue on dx9 games.

So my question is, if anybody has used windows 7 "After" using windows 10 on a heavily modded Skyrim, is the gains significant enough to justify the change?

I made the switch back to Win 7 64. Played a heavily modded Skyrim on both Win 10 and Win 7 64. My rig is a bit older and weaker than yours: OCed GTX 970, 16 GB RAM - don't remember my exact CPU specs ATM. My rig was a "high end system" in 2014/15 or so...

In short: Don't expect miracles with Win 7. My impression is, that Skyrim runs smoother (less stuttering) and definitely more stable. With a carefully optimized loadorder I hardly ever experience CTDs, which were a lot more common on Win 10. Framerates didn't change significantly - slightly better on Win 7, but not a big deal. Main advantage of WIn 7 is less stuttering (though it's sometimes still there) and more stability. Still Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 with lots of HD textures and performance heavy ENBs / Reshades run at a constant 60 FPS, while Skyrim 32bit doesn't. So, TBH, I doubt if going back to Win 7 or installing a dual boot system is really worth the trouble. Honestly, I will switch to Skyrim SE comletely the moment a stable and running SKSE64 is out...

I made the switch back to Win 7 64. Played a heavily modded Skyrim on both Win 10 and Win 7 64. My rig is a bit older and weaker than yours: OCed GTX 970, 16 GB RAM - don't remember my exact CPU specs ATM. My rig was a "high end system" in 2014/15 or so...

In short: Don't expect miracles with Win 7. My impression is, that Skyrim runs smoother (less stuttering) and definitely more stable. With a carefully optimized loadorder I hardly ever experience CTDs, which were a lot more common on Win 10. Framerates didn't change significantly - slightly better on Win 7, but not a big deal. Main advantage of WIn 7 is less stuttering (though it's sometimes still there) and more stability. Still Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 with lots of HD textures and performance heavy ENBs / Reshades run at a constant 60 FPS, while Skyrim 32bit doesn't. So, TBH, I doubt if going back to Win 7 or installing a dual boot system is really worth the trouble. Honestly, I will switch to Skyrim SE comletely the moment a stable and running SKSE64 is out...

Thanks. I checked silverlock for the projected release date of skse64, and it says mid-march. So I'll just be patient and wait. Only a few more days...maybe.