The Sunday Discussion - FadingSignal

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #48340547.

Kazuya482 wrote: Good ol' fading. One of the few mod authors whose mods I would actually buy if that ever became a thing. Not a single one of them has ever given me serious issues and every single time I see him in the comments, 9/10 times he is helping someone out with something generously.

Well played Fading, well played.

He is pretty remarkable.

Thanks for giving the interview! I love your stuff and always go to check them out when a new mod has been offered up. I can't even imagine how much you have influenced my gameplay and my own initial forays into modding!

Thanks for doing what you do and keep up the amazing work!

Edited by MissLys

A good guy who does some awesome work.

It's funny... close to 2 years ago I was searching for a song to fill the entire length of a very short Lets Roleplay Fallout 3 episode. I came across one that I felt fit perfectly and so I contacted the author to see if he would allow me permission to use the song in the episode. His name was "Vogel"... lol was I surprised when he responded and I learned that by coincidence I stumbled upon FadingSignals work.

In response to post #48344192.

GamerPoets wrote: A good guy who does some awesome work.

It's funny... close to 2 years ago I was searching for a song to fill the entire length of a very short Lets Roleplay Fallout 3 episode. I came across one that I felt fit perfectly and so I contacted the author to see if he would allow me permission to use the song in the episode. His name was "Vogel"... lol was I surprised when he responded and I learned that by coincidence I stumbled upon FadingSignals work.

Likewise, bud!

In response to post #48334372.

Sarinia wrote: Another wonderful interview with a fantastic mod author! Fading has added so many amazing mods and while I am really looking forward to trying his latest explosives mod, True Storms will always hold a special place in my heart and my load order. I live in a place with a lot of rain storms almost year round, and the vanilla rain in Skyrim and Fallout 4 were never as realistic as what True Storms achieves.

I do have to wonder if any of the storm sounds were recorded live as opposed to being artificially created, since there are a few times when a really deep boom of thunder sounded and it actually made my cats react. Normally, even with loud in-game weather, they just ignore it completely.

Thank you! Yeah with the sounds, I have some FX libraries, naturally recorded sounds, and other bits and pieces (all use 100% cleared and royalty-free) that I mixed and blended with unnatural sources (kick drums with reverb, whips cracking, all sorts of other stuff) to get the sounds how I wanted them. Sound/music was my very very first passion and I have a lot of fun with it.