A mod Idea if anyone wishes to attempt this.

ObviousNovice

So I recently came across this particular mod on the nexus and I love it. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8565/? (If the link doesn't work type Project Flintlock Redux in the search function of the nexus mods for Skyrim SE.) Especially the effects of the shot and impact of the rounds. I handed one off to my companion with some cartridges which you can make by hand at a smelter too and he was quite the shot! It made for a very fun experience, but it was sort of disappointing when no one else in the world could shoot back at us and we could get a taste of our own medicine. My question to you artists who make these amazing Mods for Skyrim is; Can you please replace the crossbow and bow with these rifles for almost everyone? In a list below is who I think should have access to them..

- Almost all Soldiers in the legion and Storm Cloak Army

- Most town Guards

- Some bandits and Bad guys (mixed between normal bows and rifles)

- A good mix of hunters (some prefer bows other prefer rifles)

- A mix of mercenaries for hire

- Only a Few towns folk and some farmers

- Available for purchase in most archery stores and some General traders

- Most likely Not any Morag Tong or Dark Brother hood (bows are stealthier)

- Not any Magical user ( Witches, Mages, Necromancers etc.)

- Very few forsworn? (Only say this because they attack caravans that may carry them..could totally be against lore though)

- Most Dawnguard Soldiers

Now obviously I would hope who ever takes this on would get the permissions of the original creator and possibly collaborate with them on it. I have zero experience so I am not sure if this would be a simple replacement mod or if this would be a very difficult task to undertake. I don't request any credit what so ever, I am just an Ideas man, I think of what would be pretty neat and ask the experts to try. I would think it would certainly give some extra flare and give a really neat twist to the game as well. I am sure it would happen eventually that Man Beast or Elf found the right combination of metals and ingredients to make the firearm a reality.

This Certainly isn't streamline lore friendly and it may ruin Skyrim for some but that is why we have the option not to use it. If your like me however and would love to see Skyrim advance their ranged weapons and hear the thunder of guns and smoke and shot whizzing past your head during battle than please put your modding talents towards this hopefully small and simple project!

I thank you all ahead of time for reading this first time post and idea, again I wish for no credit, only that it be implemented. A huge thank you ahead of time for the people who will try to work on this idea and see it through. I cannot wait to hear what you have to say and what you will attempt.

Thank you all again, nice to be apart of the community.

Dan.

I was informed recently that all assets are free to use with no special permissions necessary so no need to track down mod authors to do this. unfortunately both the original author who made this for the Original game and the modder who ported it to this one are indisposed and don't wish to undertake the task. Please if anyone wants to take a stab at it I am sure it would be quite popular!

Don't bump threads, use the edit function. -Jim_UK