Help please with ENBLOCAL.ini

GTAFYFE

Can you guys please help how people play with an ENB on 60FPS ?

i have 16gb ram and 4gb vram i have no idea what to edit in videomemorysize i set it to 5012 the textures gets very blurry its unplayable i followed

topkins youtube tutorial on enb installation i didn't work!

can someone help me with this issue? i have no idea how people are able to play with any ENB on 60FPS solid. i guess they're lucky or they have NASA computers or something !

someone told me hes running subtle enb with 100+ fps .... with everything on ultra -_-

i have powerful pc buts its just i have no idea how to configure it properly or edit it.

Anyone playing the game with the fps not locked to 60fps is eventually going to run into serious problems at some point, due to the way that certain things in-game are tied to the fps via the game engine. Bethesda locked it at 60 for a reason, so I'd steer clear of altering this.

Onto your problem, system specs & mods used play a large part in performance. Mods such as texture overhauls (especially 4k ones) will impact your fps - although even on hi-end systems, gamers will still experience fps drops in various locations (such as downtown Boston, for example) throughout the Commonwealth, due to the way the developers coded the game (basically, it's badly optimized)

There isn't anyone who genuinely get's a constant 60fps throughout the entire game.

To claw back some fps, you should lower shadow quality and shadow distance from ultra to either high or medium (depending on which you can tolerate) as this aspect of the game is pretty resource intensive. A number of users suggest turning godrays down, though this can cause pixelation issues.

With the videomemorysize setting in your enblocal.ini, using Tapioks method will give you the correct amount. Using the vramsizetest resource has a tendency to show incorrect values, so don't use that.

You can work the amount out by the following:

(based on the specs you mentioned)

16gb ram + 4gb vram = 20gb

20gb ram total - os requirements (based on a 64-bit version of Windows 10) = 18gb

18gb ram - Fallout 4's requirements* = 12gb.

*recommended requirement of ram is 8gb, although Fallout4 doesn't tend to use this much, so I've used 6gb in the example above as a safe value to use.

12gb = 12000

so in your enblocal.ini, under the MEMORY tab, you should have VideoMemorySizeMb=12000

Hope this helps.

Edited by AGreatWeight

Anyone playing the game with the fps not locked to 60fps is eventually going to run into serious problems at some point, due to the way that certain things in-game are tied to the fps via the game engine. Bethesda locked it at 60 for a reason, so I'd steer clear of altering this.

Onto your problem, system specs & mods used play a large part in performance. Mods such as texture overhauls (especially 4k ones) will impact your fps - although even on hi-end systems, gamers will still experience fps drops in various locations (such as downtown Boston, for example) throughout the Commonwealth, due to the way the developers coded the game (basically, it's badly optimized)

There isn't anyone who genuinely get's a constant 60fps throughout the entire game.

To claw back some fps, you should lower shadow quality and shadow distance from ultra to either high or medium (depending on which you can tolerate) as this aspect of the game is pretty resource intensive. A number of users suggest turning godrays down, though this can cause pixelation issues.

With the videomemorysize setting in your enblocal.ini, using Tapioks method will give you the correct amount. Using the vramsizetest resource has a tendency to show incorrect values, so don't use that.

You can work the amount out by the following:

(based on the specs you mentioned)

16gb ram + 4gb vram = 20gb

20gb ram total - os requirements (based on a 64-bit version of Windows 10) = 18gb

18gb ram - Fallout 4's requirements* = 12gb.

*recommended requirement of ram is 8gb, although Fallout4 doesn't tend to use this much, so I've used 6gb in the example above as a safe value to use.

12gb = 12000

so in your enblocal.ini, under the MEMORY tab, you should have VideoMemorySizeMb=12000

Hope this helps.

hey thank you very much i just switched all textures from 4k to 2k. thank you again also for the detailed guide!

do i still need to enable true? as for "ForceVideoMemorySize="

I've never been able to ascertain a definitive answer to that, hence why I didn't mention it. You could try altering it to 'true' and compare to see if it helps performance. If not, revert it back to 'false'

It should be noted you could increase the VideoMemorySizeMb to 14000, if your monitor resolution is 1080p (1920x1080)

Also, you might want to look at the mod Ultra Quality God Rays Performance Fix for great looking godrays without the performance hit of the default Ultra setting.

I've never been able to ascertain a definitive answer to that, hence why I didn't mention it. You could try altering it to 'true' and compare to see if it helps performance. If not, revert it back to 'false'

It should be noted you could increase the VideoMemorySizeMb to 14000, if your monitor resolution is 1080p (1920x1080)

Also, you might want to look at the mod Ultra Quality God Rays Performance Fix for great looking godrays without the performance hit of the default Ultra setting.

alright thank you very much!