Some questions about E-G-M (expanded galaxy)

sirburton

Hi guys!

Last time I played ME 3 was just few months after its release. Now I've decided to re-play it to celebrate Andromeda.

My first run was 100% vanilla game, this time I'm doing it with mods, EGM especially.

Here are some questions about it but I'll keep add more as I 'meet' new stuff I don't understand

1) in the hangar, there's the 'hydraulic decking' button. When I press it I just hear a mechanic noise but I don't understand what happens

2) What do I get from assigning people to tasks in the new terminal voices? For example I have two roles with no one assigned to them, and I could assign joker to one of these roles (but he's already pilot)

3) in the non-crew section, I have characters like wrex, samara, jack and so on. What can I do with them? Will they be one of the 2 mates i bring in battle or they will be additional to the standard 2 mates?

Also, can I already add for example Jack? Even if I haven't gone to meet her at grissom's?

4) the weapon chest in the hangar, what does it give? Weapons otherwise unaccessible in the game, or it is just getting weapons immediatedly instead of finding them aka cheating?

These 4 questions for now :)

1) Look toward the back of the deck, where your second vehicle is, when you click the console for hydraulic decking. It's subtle, but the decking under the vehicle moved up and down.

2) You can assign whoever you want (from the list) to whatever roles. When you assign them, they will send you email about their roles - the XO will talk abut staffing the kitchen, the head engineer will talk about adding engineers, etc. The XO email comes pretty early, but the engineering message doesn't come until after Priority: Rannoch, iirc. There are others, too.

3) There are a few missions that allow you to bring them along, usually character-related. If you add someone to one of the two slots, they show up in the squad chooser but will only be selectable on a few missions. They don't have lines, and they do count as one of your two squadmates. It's a part of EGM that I don't bother with because I like talkative squadmates.

4) I don't remember the specifics on the weapons because I cheat and usually have all the weapons close to the beginning of the game. Hopefully someone else can address that. It does contain Shepard's ME2 helmet for a cabin decoration.

Thx for replying!

When installing egm it said that I can edit, if I got it right, the order of the events happening in the game.

I didn't edit this file, so what order will the events follow? The vanilla order ?

Also what are these additional missions mentioned in egm, where do I get them ?

Also I just noticed something:

when I previously had my game+mods installed on my F:, when I went to check non-crew members available (just after mission on mars), I already saw all members like wrex, jack and so on

Now that i have my game+mods on C: when i go check non crew-members (after mars mission) there is not even one available.

What's the meaning of this ?

Edited by sirburton