New TVs compatable with "Videos of the Wasteland" mod

Nimarus

Okay, back when I played on Playstation 4, I always wanted to setup an entertainment room with a couch, coffee table, end tables, and a nice tv to watch videos from 2077 (With Dogmeat by my feet gnawing on a molerat leg). Of course, I could not do that on Playstation 4. So, I was happy to see "Videos of the Wasteland" and was happy to see a few mods adding new videos for the mod.

I don't know about you, but I think many people today are use to larger tvs, not those 12 inch screens of yesteryear. People made holotapes to add videos, how about some Televisions as well? Maybe scale up a TV somehow? Is it possible to make a "Flat-screen TV" you can place on the wall like a picture frame? I remember someone making a fuctioning movie projector for the Drive-in Theatre. Perhaps a scaled down version, like a home movie projector or a working Vault-tec Projector?I'm sure this is harder than it sounds, otherwise, someone would have done it already.

Thanks to all the modders out there for all their hard work.

@nimarus

indeed, it would be awesome to have holograms, fake holographic entry ways,

energy shields, liquid metal doorways, and plasma barriers, all kinds of stuff.

even just some dynamic screens to each of the consoles and hacking terminals would be fun.

though, yes, a TV would be fun too.

it would make machinima so much easier to make,

if you could cut to live in-game rendered stuff, rather than blue-screening every time you want to cut to the vid...

A few folks are working on a workaround.

allowing facegroups to display dynamic textures, or to allow the surface to display

a .gif, a .swf etc...

a drag-n-drop folder for those would be awesome,

and to somehow sync those nodes with embeddable live-stream audiosources,

that'd be perfect.

this would enable awesome immersive lore-friendly 'live acting' etc.

this would allow you to play the movies from a 'holo-projector'

onto the tube or flat surface facegroup. hint - your shape can be a torus or other shapes,

and it can change too...

ideally, the 'light' function of a pipboy could also be a holo-projector...

or perhaps in an allusion to bicentennial man, you can use a severed robot head as the holoprojector.

think of it as being like a 'sprite' - we're trying to maintain an illusion of it being 3D 3d,

but need to save as much space as possible.

watch gilbondfac's holoprojector - and I think stuff like that might be in the wasteland hehe.

using a facegroup that will display a .gif or .swf,

that's how we made 'lava lava-lamps', lenticular magazine covers and billboard signage,

and dynamic leibniz gasket/fractal diffraction and reflections from a nuka cola bottle.

it works because you can't handle and use physics with the object on which the sprite is displayed.

if it was like an 8ball or snow globe, and you went to shake it, you'd notice that the animation loop is the same...

if you noclip through the lavalamp though, there's nothing on the inside...

so yeah, it'll like be an object or a decal that has a facegroup that displays a .gif, .swf, or .mov

I hope I have given a few ideas about how this might form in the long run.

I would very much like to see some creativity in this area,

and in the embeddable live sound objects in FO4...

Videos of the Wasteland is abandoned, afaik. It would be nice if some other modder were to pick it up...

Just because a mod recieves no further updates doesn't mean it's been abandoned. The author of VotW considers the mod complete, and has moved on.

And this is different from "abandoned", how?

And this is different from "abandoned", how?

Dictionary definition-

Abandoned -

1. Deserted; forsaken

Complete -

1. Having all necessary or normal parts, components, or steps; entire
If you really believe that both these words mean the same thing, by that logic you'd expect mod authors to continue working on their mods into infinity?!
edit: to expand a little on this, a mod is considered complete once the author has fulfilled their own requirements and the mod functions as it's intended. A mod can only be considered abandoned when functionality is missing, or bugs haven't been ironed out that impair it's functionality... sometimes a mod author will leave a mod unfinished because it's too much work or beyond the scope of their skills. Ocassionally, the modder goes AWOL.
A mod that fulfills the goal or criteria that the author set out to achieve when creating it (regardless of if further development could offer new functionality) can be considered complete in the eye of the creator.
Edited by AGreatWeight