DAI mod manager modding problem

whitewulf0

This new error message shows me, that the solution of knightmire doesn't apply to your problem. The first error message is very common and the second means something important is missing, the best thing in this situation would be to change it back. If you haven't made a backup of your loctext folder, delete the overwritten en.sb and en.toc files and replace them again with the original files in the newly created folder. If this new error is still displayed, uninstall and re-install Dragon Age: Inquisition - don't just repair it, do a clean install.

I know this may seem unnecessary to mention but: Run the ModManager as admin! ( If you don't already do it )

Maybe you may also need to check your daimodmanager.ini file: DAI_ModManager\Tools\Mod Manager\Main\Mod Manager v1.0

BasePath=D:\Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\
ModPath=C:\Users\Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Mods
PatchVersion=12
Version=v0.59 alpha

May I ask if you have installedany DLC's? If so, just install only the game and merge it without the whole DLC's.

I'm running out of ideas... :laugh:

@ Haagen171: It's ok, it's not a big deal but thank you. :wink: I'm glad I could help!

@ whitewulf0: Don't worry! I'm happy to help ( or at least try to help ) and I know how frustrating it can be, if something doesn't want work.

i.... made it! i just created a folder named "Loc" in the Win32 folder of the game because i saw that the path that are searching the mod manager is the win32 folder and not the Patch_ModManagerMerge folder in Update path.. but now i have a question... http://prntscr.com/ekvqe5 does this folder must be here or somewhere else? same question for the "Loc" folder..

Yes, the Patch_ModManagerMerge folder must be there, this is your "modded patch"! And your loc folder belongs in this one: Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32

As I said, I've never needed this solution and I can't tell you exactly, why your game won't launch. ( There can be a lot of reasons for this )

It would be helpful if you tell me, what exactly did you try of all the solutions? Have you only tried the method of knightmire or also something else?

If I'm such a terrible help, maybe we should finish this now. :wink: But at last, I would perhaps recommend you once again to repair the game, after your merge was successful. Or try to merge only one mod, perhaps they overwrite each other and cause a conflict. There can be so many reasons for this and it's difficult to find the right one.

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHHH I MADE IT! ahah thanks for all the help Barlet! it was a motherf***** stupid error! :wallbash: when i merged successfully i should have replaced the en.sb , en.toc (with the original ones of the path "Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32") in the "Patch_ModManagerMerge" too! and not only in the Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32 path! thanks again! :dance:

• 3 years later...

I'm having issues with modding my game. I've already fixed the patch but i keep getting the same error code. if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

[4/14/2020 9:59 AM] Task failed. Error reported was:
Exception message: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mr DJ\Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition\Update\Patch_ModManagerMerge\Data' is denied.
Source: mscorlib
Target: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
StrackTrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.PrepareDirectory(String directoryName, ModJob basePatchModJob, Dictionary`2 modResources, String patchDataPath, DAIToc& layoutToc)
at DAIModManager.MainWindow.BGWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

• 11 months later...

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHHH I MADE IT! ahah thanks for all the help Barlet! it was a motherf***** stupid error! :wallbash: when i merged successfully i should have replaced the en.sb , en.toc (with the original ones of the path "Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32") in the "Patch_ModManagerMerge" too! and not only in the Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch\Data\Win32 path! thanks again! :dance:

My King or Queen I will always follow you and keep your Throne clean... eh okay maybe that sound wrong but AHHHHHH Thank yoouuuu :D I try and error right now for good Two Weekends, now i have read you Comment, this "replaced the en.sb , en.toc" thing you know, i am really happy right now, finally i can play DAI with Mods. I wish you only the best, have a great Life and Week my Friend :thumbsup: :smile:

• 4 months later...