what happened to True Eyes SE and True Brows?

ethruria

• 2 weeks later...

I read on the author's profile that he was unhappy with the lack of support (donations) for his work, hence he took them down.

Wow. What a dick move.

Before you mob me with hate, let me explain!

Nexus hosts mods for free. Donations are optional. Isn't it specifically against TOS to beg for donations? A "if you like, feel free to donate!" is fine, but "donate or I take down my mods and leave" is not. That's basically paid mods.

Quite apart from that, some careful thought and wording could have gotten them their donations!

"I am no longer maintaining / updating these mods as I need to work to eat." Not a blatant PAY ME, but a semi subtle reminder that they don't / can't make a living from mods alone / need to spend time otherwise spent modding on work.

Thing is with the mods removed he/she now has zero chance of getting any donations.

Since the work for the mods was already done why not just leave them and hope they generate something. Like Athanasa stated Nexus does not charge him/her for hosting the mods, so what is the big deal.

Just make a friendly statement about really appreciating any donations, and forget about the rest. Everything after that is gravy.

I don't think the author understand what mods are. Mods are something you do for the love of the game, not as a form of income. It's (in my opinion) wrong to even ask for donations in the first place since mods aren't products. However, it is in the author's full right to take down his/her mods, it's just always sad to see a mod author go this route.