what happened to True Eyes SE and True Brows?

ethruria

This is sad since JimtownIrish's mods were the best in their class. I guess mod authors need to thrive on admiration alone if donations are scarce. I f admired his work. Since mods are often solely a labor of love, it becomes very important for mod users not to give the author any crap.

Since mods are often solely a labor of love, it becomes very important for mod users not to give the author any crap.

Always remember that a mod is a gift that someone else is giving you. If you care to donate to that author all the better. Even with this though there are a lot of people that if you walked up to them and handed them a $10 bill they would b!tch that is not a $20. I feel sorry for these people as it must be a miserable life to feel mad at everything.

According to his post, it wasn't just the lack of donations but more the lack of appreciation. His mods have been downloaded over 1M times...how many other mods use or reference or credit his work...thousands? More? Sad to see him go, but If he felt that he wasn't getting back what he was putting into the community then good for him.

Always show mod authors (well everyone really), appreciation for what they do.

I actually have both of the mods installed, thus I have the latest versions at the last update. But, I'm not sure of my place to hand it out. If it is okay, then I can send a download link for them, but I don't want to do anything that can get my account punished in any way, so.

Let me know, if this thread is still active.

It's a shame really! This mod was great, I guess he/she was too narrow-minded to see that.

His Fallout 4 versions were also removed. *sigh*

If it is okay, then I can send a download link for them, but I don't want to do anything that can get my account punished in any way, so.

that is piracy sir, you would be banned from the site.

If it is okay, then I can send a download link for them, but I don't want to do anything that can get my account punished in any way, so.

That is true, however it is my understanding that some mods which were withdrawn in the past (during the payed Workshop mods "era") were passed on by sharing them directly (and privately) amongst friends through mail/dropbox etc...

Edit: By this I am not saying you should do that - after all it is someone elses work

Edited by Ceasirius

I think the author understands perfectly what he/she/it/they/them/us is doing, and if aforementioned wasn't getting donations, then taking them down wouldn't hurt would it? And so continues the slow inexorable death of modding for Skyrim in all it's flavors. Personally, I have gigs and gigs of mods redundantly backed up, knowing they weren't going to be up forever (remember modern firearms F$?). Was it a "dick move"? Please, how juvenile. If mods are free and modding is free then anything goes. I have a small mod base for SE, only 120 or so mods, if I gave a dollar to every one multiplied by F4, F3, FNV, OB, MO, etc, I'd be broke and the authors wouldn't feel like they were getting their due. Coming to modding near you: advertising like the sickening spend-half-your-time-closing-pop-ups in YOUTUBE.

That is true, however it is my understanding that some mods which were withdrawn in the past (during the payed Workshop mods "era") were passed on by sharing them directly (and privately) amongst friends through mail/dropbox etc...

Edit: By this I am not saying you should do that - after all it is someone elses work

Still not allowed without permission