what happened to True Eyes SE and True Brows?

ethruria

When the best eye mod for Skyrim and Fallout 4 vanishes in a puff of blinding smoke it is hard to see past it. Too bad for Fallout 4 since we here at Skyrim will still have Argonian, Khajiit and Vampire eyes. Hope you are not knitting your True Brows as you read this. :teehee:

I don't understand why some modders who quit modding delete all their mods too. Why not just end support by discontinuing work on the mods and closing the posts, forum and bugs tab? I feel like deleting them makes all the hard work you put in the mod go to waste. Is it because keeping them up creates some sort of pressure to continue modding again?

Of course this had to happen just as I was doing a reinstall :sad: Sadly I didnt save the file for True Eyes SE :sad:

If you're really desperate to get it back, you can probably download the mod from the original Skyrim nexus or restore your computer to a point where you had the mod installed, save it and store it on an external hard drive if you wish to return to this point.

Great eye mod indeed, but the author was not a very supportive fellow. Negative comments (constructive feedback and bug reports) were removed from his comment sections quite quickly and I had to edit his textures myself to fix problems me (and others) were having.

• 3 weeks later...

I know all these constructive feedbacks - they're like - "Change this , because I don't like it" or "add this, because I want it" not every comment of course, but 90 %.

People just don't realize that mods are free products and no author is obliged to do it in your way. If they want remove your comment they do, if they want remove mod they do. Simple.

I know all these constructive feedbacks - they're like - "Change this , because I don't like it" or "add this, because I want it" not every comment of course, but 90 %.

People just don't realize that mods are free products and no author is obliged to do it in your way. If they want remove your comment they do, if they want remove mod they do. Simple.

You are certainly right. However, I think that removing ones mod simply because it's not making you enough money is a petty reason to remove it. If you expected your mod to make you even the slightest revenue then imo, you haven't fully grasped the concept of what a mod is. That said, it's in the authors full right to do so.

You are certainly right. However, I think that removing ones mod simply because it's not making you enough money is a petty reason to remove it. If you expected your mod to make you even the slightest revenue then imo, you haven't fully grasped the concept of what a mod is. That said, it's in the authors full right to do so.

Well, some modders also don't realize that mod are not for making money

Perhaps if everyone were to regard the Nexus as a Museum of Fine Arts and Sciences, rather than as a consignment shop, the mods could remain. Just be glad that Leonardo Da Vinci never grabbed his painting of the Mona Lisa and went home when he was either depressed or angry over some playground dispute.