Custom Radio Station Won't Work for Some Characters

quigonsapprentice

So here's a quandary. I made a custom radio mod using the instructions here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12996/?

It worked great. And then it didn't. I was literally listening to the custom radio, then I re-loaded an earlier save with the same character, and it was gone. It no longer showed up on the PipBoy radio station list, even when I reload back to a save where I know the radio mod was working. Most curiously, it still works fine for most of my characters. There are only 2 for whom the radio no longer works. I'm going through looking for similarities between the character files, but nothing obvious is coming up. They even had different sets of mods active. EVEN WEIRDER, for one character, the radio mod is working on a very early save, but for the other character it won't work even if I go all the way back to my first save.

I don't suppose anyone might have an idea as to how simply loading a save could completely kill a mod out of a character file?

EDIT: Well I managed to solve the problem with the help of this handy tool: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22633/?

I'm guessing that a script in the mod had gone awry. What I had to do was this:

-Deactivate the mod in my load order. I also completely removed it (cut and paste) from my data folder. Not sure if that was necessary, but I did so just to be sure I got rid of any trace of the radio mod.
-Load the affected character file, make a new save and quit. That should have removed all trace of the radio mod from that save file.
-Start up the ReSaver tool and open the save I just made.
-Found that there was still a script from the radio mod present in the save file, so I deleted everything related to the mod. Saved the file and quit ReSaver.
-Opened FO4 again and loaded the save file I just edited. Made a new save, again, and quit.
-Started ReSaver again and opened the new new file I just made and confirmed that the offending script was gone now.
-Cut the radio mod file back into my data folder and activate it in my load order again.

-Opened FO4 one last time, loaded up my newly cleaned file and viola. The radio mod loaded up and worked like new.

Christ that was a pain. But hopefully that will help someone else who runs into this really rather obscure situation.

Edited by quigonsapprentice

@quigons'apprentice (neat screen name; which one?)

that sounds unfortunate, though thanks for sharing the procedure to restore that custom radio mod.

it must have been a pathing-conflict or something that nerfed it.

That makes the complexity of making

livestream-embeddable audio objects in game all the more compelling...

just link to your existing stream source, and away you go.

live audio 'acting', traps, dynamic interference and hacking effects...

all kinds of narrative possibilities for 'emotional investment' etc.