Eat Scripts?

Nope ... NPCs will eat any time they have an eat package with duration of 1 hour or more and somewhere to sit and food in their inventory.

I use the trick of giving NPCs -1 (that's negative one) of a food item like a carrot on their Inventory tab in the CS (which gives them an unlimited supply). There will also need to be a chair/stool in the cell that is marked as a persistent reference (though I haven't tested to see if they will use chairs/stools that are not marked persistent now that I think on it).

My rule of thumb for using those flags ... only use the ones that are absolutely necessary to get your NPC to do what you want, and know what side-effects come with each.

If you want an NPC to ignore their next package and just continue doing what they were doing while the player is nearby, then use Continue if PC Near. I think if there is a reason that their current package failed and that package had the Continue flag set then they would move to their next package at the time set for it (but that is just an untested theory).

Currently at anvil stable and I have not changed the script and I am sure that I saw it work before. I might try to make a different chair for him to see if that works but I doubt it will. Because I ran into this same problem in Bravil. I have a couple other NPC's set up the same way as this guy and they work.

Since my mod is a travel mod the npc's are at the stables outside each city. There are many bugs with the vanilla oblivion stables like when couriers lose their horse, when you steal a bay horse (they will never return to the stable), other things that were not fixed... really should be fixed in a official or unofficial oblivion patch. Currently at Anvil stables just saw a courier which had lost her horse, run up to the gate guard and keep pushing him over and over like she didnt know what to do, probably because not on the horse she had before. Now I am probably the one who stole her horse or got it killed in some way, probaly by monsters chasing me to the city gate, but regardless... I think it may have an adverse affect on NPC's in the whole area. I might be wrong though.

Well I will try the new chair thing and see what happens

I find that Anvil courier loves taking the direct route from Anvil to her turn-around point ... which means she goes up the hill behind Maeva's house and gathers up a following posse of mountain lions/timber wolves etc. Sometimes she survives but her horse doesn't, other times the other way around (and then there are the times when both are the bug and not the windshield).

I see Ernest using the bench outside the door at Horse Whisperer Stables. Are you using that bench for your NPC or have you added another?

Something you could do while testing is to "clean" your testing save. Open the console and type "coc center" (without the quote marks) and hit Enter. You will be transported to an open plain with a few trees in the distance. Using the game wait menu wait 72 hours plus a bit for good measure (so three full days plus a bit). Open the console again and "coc AnvilHorseWhisperer" (again no quotes). You can return to any location that you know the correct location code for (I use the UESP Wiki Oblivion:Quests page as a starting point for getting the most common ones).

Edited by Striker879

I was using that bench, but now have added another, and also it did not work. Is there a problem with using that bench? Because there are two seats right and I have another NPC in Bruma he is using a bench with another NPC (the stable guard), and it seems to work fine. In Anvil tho, Ernest is dead because I lured a ton of monsters to the gate during that one quest up the hill. I will try to clean the save, that is good info to know thanks.

When I test the packages I usually teleport from Imperial city or try to save in an interior couple zones away...

Edited by masternoxx