Eat Scripts?

Hmm ... in my game the stable hands sit and eat when they are supposed to. Looking at Antoine I see he doesn't have a food supply in his own inventory, but there is a food sack at the stables. Could be you have been around the Bravil stables frequently enough that he has emptied the food sack and because you are never gone for more than three days it hasn't respawned. The other NPC I just checked is Restita at the Imperial City stables ... she has a leveled food list entry in her inventory (quantity 3, not sure how much actual food that gives her).

As I said, with my own additional NPCs I have one who refuses to take food from the available food sacks and one who does (along with Ancotar who takes food from the sacks). That particular NPC will eat if I put food into her inventory using the console (additem 3366b 10 for example) but I haven't got around to giving her -1 in inventory to test that. Other NPCs who I have given -1 food item to eat when they are supposed to.

If you want other NPCs to stay away from food you've put in the game or seats you want your NPC to use you'll need to assign ownership. I don't because I like having some variability.

I have noticed the warping to chairs as well. It is particularly a problem with read packages (actually I haven't ever noticed it with an eat package, but with eat packages NPCs just naturally seek out somewhere to sit). I don't like NPCs standing and reading. To get around the warping to the chair problem I assign a travel package to a particular chair (so I lose that variability I like) and then their read package. I use things like weather to get the variability in whether or not they'll use the read package (so for example, one NPC has a travel package to a particular chair at 14:00 if it is currently snowing, and then a read package at 15:00, also if it is snowing ... if it's not snowing she'll execute other packages but providing it continues to snow from 14:00 through until 15:59 she'll walk to her chair, sit by the fire and then decide to read).

The order from top to bottom that your packages appear in the package list is very important ... the game evaluates which package to run by parsing through the list from top to bottom and will run the first package that has conditions that evaluate as true (i.e. don't just list your packages by time if you have other conditions set).

The order from top to bottom that your packages appear in the package list is very important ... the game evaluates which package to run by parsing through the list from top to bottom and will run the first package that has conditions that evaluate as true (i.e. don't just list your packages by time if you have other conditions set).

AHA!! I did not know that! I think you may have solved the mystery here!

Four whole days have passed in my game and this morning at 10am in Skingrad my NPC ate for 1hr just as scripted, I was like OMG... now will it work in other towns, I'm gonna have to check, if it does not I will try changing them all to 10am. He used the skingrad stables bench so that rules out the possibility of the bench being the problem.

So I should try putting eat script at top, since if its below the wander script it won't fire?

AHA!! I did not know that! I think you may have solved the mystery here!

You nailed it! That was the exact problem, thanks! :thumbsup:

... I think... more testing required... but makes sense to me

Edited by masternoxx

Yes, it's good form to give your NPCs a "default" package (for example one of the game default aaWanderCurrentLoc packages). That default will always go at the very bottom of the package list. When the game parses through your list from top to bottom that default package will only be used if none of the packages higher on the list "qualify".

Time and the conditions used are the criteria I use for deciding which order the packages are listed.

Edited by Striker879

I am so thankful for you help seriously, at one point it did occur to me to try and move the packages up/down, I tried to drag and drop... didn't even notice the arrows above... I don't believe it was mentioned in the tutorials from TESalliance but I maybe wrong. Seems like a big newb mistake but there is actually not that much info out there on modding this game.

It was bothering me for like 8 days straight and now is all fixed thanks to you, thanks man

Yeah whenever you make a new package and drag it onto your NPC it will go to the bottom! Not good for eat packages.