Horses in fallout 4

incata

It could create a horse mod for fallout 4 and I think it would not be very "complicated" since everything we need we have in skyrim, textures, meshes, animations etc. More realistic than even using gasoline vehicles. What do you think? Does anyone see it as capable? I think it would be a hot mod just free it

"everything we need we have in skyrim"

Yea, it's in skyrim, that's the issue. You should read on some rules :wink:

Pity. I do not know the rules, there are also mods in skyrim that create new animations, textures, etc. for the horses, but hey I do not know the mechanism well if I give the subject over.

Whoever would take this has to make everything from scratch. There's nothing that moves like a horse in fallout, and we're not allowed to port over assets from other beth games.

Problem is, that there's no ActorTypeHorse keyword in Fallout. This keyword triggers in Skyrim the riding activator. I never play Fallout, so I can't say, if there's another possibility do do that.

Just because something isn't initially there doesn't mean that the functionality of it isn't as well. I've found this to be the case with trying to reproduce several things that skyrim does. While some things are 'missing' that are in skyrim, making those missing items accesses their functionality, you have to be precise however, else it won't work. Likewise, some things are missing that even if added won't function. My point being, don't say it can't be done unless you actually attempt to do it, too many give up before attempting to do something that's possible just because a few people say it can't be done.

could always make radstags into mounts and treat them like horses :) The real issue that I see with mounts are the player animations.

Problem is, that there's no ActorTypeHorse keyword in Fallout. This keyword triggers in Skyrim the riding activator. I never play Fallout, so I can't say, if there's another possibility do do that.

Just because something isn't initially there doesn't mean that the functionality of it isn't as well. I've found this to be the case with trying to reproduce several things that skyrim does. While some things are 'missing' that are in skyrim, making those missing items accesses their functionality, you have to be precise however, else it won't work. Likewise, some things are missing that even if added won't function. My point being, don't say it can't be done unless you actually attempt to do it, too many give up before attempting to do something that's possible just because a few people say it can't be done.

could always make radstags into mounts and treat them like horses :smile: The real issue that I see with mounts are the player animations.

Nobody said it can't be done. Whoever does it cannot use the skyrim files, and they have to

model a horse

texture a horse

make player animations and code them specifically to interact with the horse

make horse animations and code those in too

Who cares to do all that?

honestly, I would prefer ride-able brahmin. From a lore perspective, it looks like, at least in the U.S., all equine are extinct. So ride-able brahmin, maybe rad stags, Yao guai, or basic mierlurks as mounts but no houses or donkeys.

edit: This also removes all of the hurtles Ethreon listed except "make player animations and code them specifically to interact with the horse"

Edited by coolphoton1234

honestly, I would prefer ride-able brahmin. From a lore perspective, it looks like, at least in the U.S., all equine are extinct. So ride-able brahmin, maybe rad stags, Yao guai, or basic mierlurks as mounts but no houses or donkeys.

edit: This also removes all of the hurtles Ethreon listed except "make player animations and code them specifically to interact with the horse"

According to Avellone, most animals are gone.

According to Avellone, most animals are gone.

I was checking the wiki. there was a donky in FO1 and was one of the last ones.

As I was thinking about it... kneeling(an animation I have seen in game) on a basic mirelurk and a script to mount up and control it. Wouldn't that be the most expeditious way to get a living, lore-friendly mount? Mind you I'm not a modder so I have no idea, it was just a thought. Or maybe a chair and a bunch of duct tape....but that would require modeling.