Horses in fallout 4

incata

Definitely not lore friendly, or controllable...or a horse, but:

Like Ethreon says, though, without new animations it's kinda not really very good for anything other than for the sake of novelty.

I have recently come into an idea about controllable that I have a good feeling about, though...

Edit: Or maybe this one?

But that's not even an animal at all. =P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, There is ride-able dogs mod for Fallout 4. idk what the animation is like for mounting and unmounting? I think a fade to black would be fine then fade in again and you're on the Dogs back.. these are giant dogs btw.

I guess from there you are basically a playable dog with your character attached to your back like a piece of dog armor.

IF you got permission from that mod author, then well, I just happened to see some horse meshes with textures that are scratch made on the Skyrim SE mod page. They are in the f modders resource section and are free to use with conditions.

The models are not great however but would fit the dog skeleton mostly. Tails might be an issue, being long you would want to add some physics. These models are like, winter horses with big fluffy hooves. Not ideal but there may be others on there listed as free to use.

I began the bear mesh from Skyrim using yaigoi skeleton. But that was before I knew what I was doing. It would probably be pretty easy now maybe. Wolves also. But that can only be for personal use.

What about Witcher 3 assets? I heard they are free to use or does nexus not allow it? coz the horse obj. from witcher would be a nice place to start.

I have wanted Horses more so than cars in this game. I also would like to see Bows and spears. I guess really, If you learned you could import a lot from Skyrim, but its not as much fun if you can't share it with others.

Lore-Friendly (more or less) and functional:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23963

Alternately...

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24794

And a bit off-topic...

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25513

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25337

Edit: I had not seen there was a page 2 before commenting (honestly not sure how I missed that).

Edited by Flowerguy360

• 3 years later...

doesnt mean that there wasnt a synth horse created??? also, by the idea that you can not use resources back and fourth from game to game created by the same publisher is idiotic, look at creation club. look at most these building mods, and honest, start with the resources and change them, make them your own. I am versed in copyright law.

Any Nexus FO4 content you see from other Bethesda games is scratch built, not ported.

This is because it is against Bethesda ToS, and it is against Nexus rules to break the dev's rules (among other things).

You may see ported stuff in screenshots in the media section (and that's okay) and in theory you can do it yourself for personal use if you dont publish it, but they may have gotten it from a less reputable site it would be counterproductive to mention by name here.

I don't know why you mentioned Creation Club, yes one used Fallout 3 world space and another two creations were incorporated into Fallout 76, but that is Bethesda using Bethesda assets, they are obviously not bound by modder ToS (and don't consider Creation Club content mods, even if they were).

All of this aside, Fallout London have scratch built horses and a lot of their features are seeing standalone releases, so asking nicely is an option.

There are also mods to ride radstags and GiddyUp Buttercups of varying quality.