Playing hkx/hkt animations in game?

felixk4

I've been trying to play the *.hkt animations found under an Actors animations tab but neither Game.GetPlayer().PlayAnimation("*") or Game.GetPlayer().PlayGamebryoAnimation("*") work, I've also tried adding .hkt and .hkx but still no success. I'm able to play ALL idle animations which can be selected with an Idle Property with Game.GetPlayer().PlayIdle(var) does anyone know why it isn't working?

Edited by felixk4

Try making a new idle for that .hkt, go to gameplay/animations tab and add new child for LOOSE path of needed graph.(for example if .hkt is for third person add child in Actors\character\behaviors\weaponbehavior.hkx\Loose) Give it unique id, under animation file look for your .hkt file and for anim event choose dyn_activationAllowMovement. Then you will be able to call this idle from your script.

• 7 months later...

I know this is necro, but...for clarity...

If I have an animation file Ive made and tested with the idle gun mod and I know it works, I can then simply add it to the player animation loose path, as you outline, in animations tool, and then once doing all that you have said, I will be able to call that idle from papyrus and it will play ingame?

i assume for the player it is: Actors\Character\1st_Person\Behaviors\MTBeahvior for a new idle?

Edited by joerqc