I thought of making Diamond City guards wear police uniforms (and replace baseball bats with security batons and pipe rifles with revolvers), but only those inside the city, while patrols outside would keep the baseball gear, and maybe I'll give them better weapons. Is there a way to "split them up"?

In the CK, under Actors/Actor/Actor I found several characters/templates assigned to this class (they all belong to CrimeDiamondCity faction). How to recognize which one's which?

DiamondCitySecurityGate01

DiamondCitySecurityLower01

DiamondCitySecurityMarket01Bat

DiamondCitySecurityMayorAlways

DiamondCitySecurityOfficeAlways01

DiamondCitySecurityOfficeAlwaysSandbox01

DiamondCitySecuritySchoolhouse01Bat

DiamondCitySecurityUpper01

DiamondCitySecurityWall01

EncSecurityDiamondCityM01

EncSecurityDiamondCityM02

EncSecurityDiamondCityTemplate00

LvlSecurityDiamondCity

LvlSecurityDiamondCityExterior

Does "Enc" stand for "random encounter"? I assume "Lvl" is a levelled NPC template - I don't know why, but I checked which NPC's use this template and one of them is some fisherman (POISC_Fisherman), probably the guy fishing outside The Compound (and he's wearing longshoreman outfit).

It's not very important to me, but I'm just curious if it's actually possible.

I don't know the answers to your questions unfortunately but I thought I'd give you a heads up to a mod conflict you might be unaware of and will want to mention to your users. Armorsmith Extended also changes the DC guard uniforms. Given the purpose of the mod most people have no idea it does that.

Just a guess, but maybe you could press each one of the Security guard npc actors with "use info", and see if they are placed in interior cell or not. I actually just tested and yes, you can check it that way atleast.

Are some of them travelling in and out? That I don't know.

Just a guess, but maybe you could press each one of the Security guard npc actors with "use info", and see if they are placed in interior cell or not.

That's at good point.

And I know about Armorsmith Extended, it adds some guns to guard's inventory and replaces athletic outfit with a levelled item list containing: athletic outfit and some other clothes. I'm doing this for myself, but if I released it as a mod, I think it would be just a matter of load order, I need to select a group of guards and make changes to their inventory only.

Edited by MeetTheFuture

All right, thanks for advice. Now I know, more or less, how it works, maybe someone will find this useful:

LvlSecurityDiamondCityExterior are guards patrolling The Fens, while actors using LvlSecurityDiamondCity template are guards inside and around the city. So, first nine from my list are NPCs using LvlSecurityDiamondCity template, which is using another template, which is using another:

LvlSecurityDiamondCity->LCharSecurityDiamondCity->EncSecurityDiamondCityM01 and EncSecurityDiamondCityM02->EncSecurityDiamondCityTemplate00 (I duplicated and renamed them).

The last one is the "base" template and it can be edited (I could modify the inventory). I created a custom outfit, containing uniforms from the 1930s Retro Fashion mod and leveled weapons.

Now it looks promising, I'll get back to it when I find some time.

http://i.imgur.com/yr9mf6p.jpg