Working on Mod to Fix Mass Effect: Andromeda's Writing

MasterCb73

As a game developer and writer, I have been cringing my way through the writing in ME:A. I am now actively seeking other developers/modders to create a mod to replace the majority of the subtitles in the game with new ones. That way my team and I can sit down, write a little more naturalism into the dialogue, and remove some of the particularly egregious cliches.

We would love to work with other writers and editors as well, as a diverse team and plenty of peer review make for stronger writing. I am going to look into the feasibility of programming this mod myself, but would welcome help from anyone with experience in the Frostbite engine.

You can contact me here, or email me at [email protected]

Cheers,

Cameron

One thing I've thought while playing: why not switch the models for Peebee and Cora. Cora is trained as an Asari Huntress, and Peebee just feels like too much of a copy of Liara.

I don't know if writing alone can fix it, but good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

That game is a ****. Weird faces, bugs, bugs, bugs, animations ****, story is horrible. I don't care that "game". Even better the Mass Effect 2 like that "game". And where is Liara (asarian lifetime is 1000 years) or the new Liara is Peebee? Where is the memories, history after 600 years.

Edited by Hataz

And where is Liara (asarian lifetime is 1000 years)

She's back in the Milky Way. Seriously, what kind of criticism is that? They told us from the very beginning that MEA wasn't going to be a sequel and that the protagonists of the original trilogy wouldn't show up.

That game is a ****. Weird faces, bugs, bugs, bugs, animations ****, story is horrible. I don't care that "game". Even better the Mass Effect 2 like that "game". And where is Liara (asarian lifetime is 1000 years) or the new Liara is Peebee? Where is the memories, history after 600 years.

What does that even have to do with the topic at hand? Apart from this being just a rant.

As a game developer and writer, I have been cringing my way through the writing in ME:A. I am now actively seeking other developers/modders to create a mod to replace the majority of the subtitles in the game with new ones. That way my team and I can sit down, write a little more naturalism into the dialogue, and remove some of the particularly egregious cliches.

We would love to work with other writers and editors as well, as a diverse team and plenty of peer review make for stronger writing. I am going to look into the feasibility of programming this mod myself, but would welcome help from anyone with experience in the Frostbite engine.

Cheers,

Cameron

Would you be redoing the voice-acting too, or just trimming the audio that's already there to make it work better with your new writing?

liara said in the fathers log in his room that she could not leave the milky way.the game itself need much done to it to be what everyone wanted or expected.A weak story and copy after copy of things from ME1-3.But i expect we will see what they do with patches or even DLC's in the future.As for modding that's where normally the best stuff comes from.

Cheers,

Cameron

This actually sounds pretty interesting. If you are still gathering people, I'd love to know more.

Liara isn't there because they leave between ME2 and ME3 meaning she's still in the Milky Way

Also, bringing in Liara would annoy people because she's not everyone's favourite (and her voice acting was terrible in Andromeda)

It was always terrible. ME1 had an OK actress, but they went with a different one for ME2 and 3. Same actress in MEA. Wooden and monotoned.