We're Hiring: Web Developer Position

Dark0ne

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #59647131.

Rogerwater1988 wrote: so you want someone who knows 9 languages who could make one web sight.......... Good luck............

I've updated the post to make it more friendly to read and removed that big list as it seems to be confusing people.

We're not looking for a programmer who is an expert in 9 languages - we're looking for a web developer who understands that using the same tool for every single job doesn't work on a website with as much traffic as Nexusmods.

We're not specifically looking for a PHP developer either - that was the idea behind posting a big list of technology that we're using - to show that we're looking for a web developer from any background!

I would love to apply, but unfortunately I do not live in the UK and I currently have a web development position at another place until the end of this year. If you guy decided to allow remote work and are still looking near December, I might send my resume. Sounds like an awesome position :happy: .

• 4 weeks later...

I was ready to apply, until I saw the "Right to work in the UK" and now it's a "NOPE" from me.

Hope you guys expand into other parts of the world though. I'd like to work as a translator for you all. Japanese, Norwegian, and German here, if you're looking for someone in the future.

In response to post #57665461. #57698631, #59175376, #59228741 are all replies on the same post.

kaasinees wrote: I am an experienced webdeveloper, systems manager(several gentoo servers) and programmer("harder" languages such as C++) looking for a better salary. I have a lot of experience in all things mentioned except ruby, rails or puppet. And i have to say if you develop your static and dynamic infrastructure properly you dont need apache at all. Nginx is really good at delivering static content, most of the content should be generated on the background. It eliminates APC as well. Simplifying the whole system and making it more responsive. But this is not a very popular way to do things at this point of time in systems using PHP. I wish i had more experience in load balancing and scaling though. I live in the Netherlands so relocation is no big deal.
DrunkennJedi wrote: Send a resume @theiremail instead of rambling about what you can and cannot do.
Syraku wrote: Did you get the job? If so kudos dude sounds like fun
DaedalusMachina007 wrote: Position is 'still open' so RIP this awesome person for not making it through their process Q_Q.

Declaring that you are "looking for a better salary" might have your mistake. Everyone needs to earn a living but I should think that roles like this are more suited to those that are genuinely interested in learning and being a part of the team, even if they boast lesser skills than yourself. Edited by BradleyVarol

In response to post #57665461. #57698631, #59175376, #59228741, #60958957 are all replies on the same post.

kaasinees wrote: I am an experienced webdeveloper, systems manager(several gentoo servers) and programmer("harder" languages such as C++) looking for a better salary. I have a lot of experience in all things mentioned except ruby, rails or puppet. And i have to say if you develop your static and dynamic infrastructure properly you dont need apache at all. Nginx is really good at delivering static content, most of the content should be generated on the background. It eliminates APC as well. Simplifying the whole system and making it more responsive. But this is not a very popular way to do things at this point of time in systems using PHP. I wish i had more experience in load balancing and scaling though. I live in the Netherlands so relocation is no big deal.
DrunkennJedi wrote: Send a resume @theiremail instead of rambling about what you can and cannot do.
Syraku wrote: Did you get the job? If so kudos dude sounds like fun
DaedalusMachina007 wrote: Position is 'still open' so RIP this awesome person for not making it through their process Q_Q.
BradleyVarol wrote: Declaring that you are "looking for a better salary" might have your mistake. Everyone needs to earn a living but I should think that roles like this are more suited to those that are genuinely interested in learning and being a part of the team, even if they boast lesser skills than yourself.

@BradleyVarol

People work for better salaries. This isn't a secret. Any hiring manager should realize this, and any manager forgoing a candidate just because they want to be compensated fairly should be out of a job.

Part of the hiring process is discussing salary and there is absolutely no taboo about mentioning that you are looking for a better opportunity. Any business worth their salt will openly discuss salary opens to hook people in. Edited by steelgunner6

• 2 weeks later...