We're Hiring: Web Developer Position

Dark0ne

In response to post #48649742. #48686607, #48809182 are all replies on the same post.

MrMason wrote:

Being in the UK right now isn't a requirement - if you're able to work in the UK then that is enough to apply :)

TheAkula wrote: Can you also smuggle people into UK ?
mgwaring wrote: If you want Akula we could get married so that you can come work here in the Uk :p

No mgwaring, please marry me and I don't care if you're a man or a woman. I WANT TO LIVE IN THE UK, now that they are not in the EU anymore. Okay, in 2 years they aren't in the EU anymore. :)
I hope you don't mind that I'm German. I hate my country and I want to leave. So please, dear mgwaring, marry ME! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #48678922. #48679437, #48681667 are all replies on the same post.

jimmywalnut wrote: Brexit just impedes me for even attempting an position... I have Italian Citizenship, have extensive english knowledge, and before Brexit I was thinking about moving to the UK, I simply love your country...

Anyway, if by any means there are spots opening in the future that cover communication areas (I have partial formation in Film Making, multimedia, and marketing) I would be glad to know, even tho chances are slim for me to actually get an visa to work there... Specially because I do intend to finish college abroad. I wouldn't mind working my arse off and studying at night-time, but idk how these things work there in the UK. I may try in the foreseeable future apply for an visa there, but Italian bureaucracy has been delaying most of my documents which I still need to even try for that...

As for this position, although I do have knowledge about the requirements, I lack real skills on those, would need to sit on my arse and study all of that again hahaha

Good Luck finding a suitable candidate! ;)

PS: I'm Brazilian btw, not that it holds any kind of importance besides the 3 language factor...
Dark0ne wrote: The UK hasn't left Europe yet and you've got up to 2 years to still make use of free movement of labour. Once you're in, you're in. It's pretty much guaranteed that EU citizens working in the UK already will be able to stay once any Brexit deal is struck with the EU.
jimmywalnut wrote: That's great to know!
Thanks for informing me. =)

So I've got 2 years then... Better pray for my documents to get past bureaucratic blocks fast then... We Italians should stick with cooking and avoid paperwork hahahahaha Not that I'm purely Italian, but you catch the meaning

I do have knowledge about the requirements as well , it's a shame that i'm still underage haha or else i'd apply , i'm brazilian too , nice to meet fellow countryman here . In addition to english i have knowledge of japanese and a little of german , not much though . As a fellow brazilian i'll be rooting for you jimmywalnut . Good Luck

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
In response to post #48649742. #48686607, #48809182, #48813187 are all replies on the same post.

MrMason wrote:

Being in the UK right now isn't a requirement - if you're able to work in the UK then that is enough to apply :)

TheAkula wrote: Can you also smuggle people into UK ?
mgwaring wrote: If you want Akula we could get married so that you can come work here in the Uk :p
TheGhostface1973 wrote: No mgwaring, please marry me and I don't care if you're a man or a woman. I WANT TO LIVE IN THE UK, now that they are not in the EU anymore. Okay, in 2 years they aren't in the EU anymore. :)
I hope you don't mind that I'm German. I hate my country and I want to leave. So please, dear mgwaring, marry ME! :D

good idea

I am an experienced webdeveloper, systems manager(several gentoo servers) and programmer("harder" languages such as C++) looking for a better salary. I have a lot of experience in all things mentioned except ruby, rails or puppet. And i have to say if you develop your static and dynamic infrastructure properly you dont need apache at all. Nginx is really good at delivering static content, most of the content should be generated on the background. It eliminates APC as well. Simplifying the whole system and making it more responsive. But this is not a very popular way to do things at this point of time in systems using PHP. I wish i had more experience in load balancing and scaling though. I live in the Netherlands so relocation is no big deal. Edited by Guest

In response to post #57665461.

kaasinees wrote: I am an experienced webdeveloper, systems manager(several gentoo servers) and programmer("harder" languages such as C++) looking for a better salary. I have a lot of experience in all things mentioned except ruby, rails or puppet. And i have to say if you develop your static and dynamic infrastructure properly you dont need apache at all. Nginx is really good at delivering static content, most of the content should be generated on the background. It eliminates APC as well. Simplifying the whole system and making it more responsive. But this is not a very popular way to do things at this point of time in systems using PHP. I wish i had more experience in load balancing and scaling though. I live in the Netherlands so relocation is no big deal.

Send a resume @theiremail instead of rambling about what you can and cannot do.