Skyrim modding issues and fixes

PrometheusTS

Hi guys,

So I have been trying to remove the skirt from the male DragonScale Armor and replace it with pants. Everything works great except I am running into problem #5 where I get strange shadows in game when outside. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. And I don't know enough about rigging for the fix to step 5 to make any sense.

I have used the steps on the somuchmonsters.com "How to Get Custom Armor Into Skyrim pt. 2: Weight sliders!" tutorial to get this far, but now I am thoroughly stuck.

I am using:

3DSMax 2012 64 Bit

www.joepikop.com's SoMuchMorpher plug-in

Nifskope 1.1.0-RC5

Throttlekitty Nif.xml

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

oh ive seen similar issues somwhere on forum dont rem where but there the problem was the shader i belive, u can just edit it in nifskope the shader section

• 2 weeks later...
Could you please be more specific with how to fix issue 10? I just recently started using the morpher for armor meshing, and it's invisible in the game. Do I fix the problem in nifskope or 3ds? Where do I look, exactly? And how can I fix it? That specific information would help me a great deal, thanks!

Guys when you post your problems try to be more descriptive and eventually use a Picture , tough this thread that shoudl be sticked if isn't already is to post issues and solutions , for problem requests you shoudl refer to the other thread on how to import meshes in skyrim ...

I too am having trouble understanding what to do with issue number 10, "10 my mesh is invisible -------------------- check the materials if are correctly allocated in first property the texture and second the alpha property , the texture may need an alpha." In my case, the armor I created is completely invisible when I put it on. I used this My link as a guide and everything seemed to go perfectly but its all invisible. I even used the fallout extracter to pull out the textures and I added them to my mesh in nifscope but still isn't helping. I am a complete noob when it comes to this, so plz use small words. thx

oh yeah and it even looks ok in the creation kit.

Edited by egetten

I too am having trouble understanding what to do with issue number 10, "10 my mesh is invisible -------------------- check the materials if are correctly allocated in first property the texture and second the alpha property , the texture may need an alpha." In my case, the armor I created is completely invisible when I put it on. I used this My link as a guide and everything seemed to go perfectly but its all invisible. I even used the fallout extracter to pull out the textures and I added them to my mesh in nifscope but still isn't helping. I am a complete noob when it comes to this, so plz use small words. thx

oh yeah and it even looks ok in the creation kit.

I've been having that exact same problem! Up to this morning. The answer was so obvious I could have slapped myself for wasting so many hours. All you need to do if its showing up in creation kit yet still invisible ingame is, in Nifscope;

1) -remove branch- BsLightingShaderProperty from your modified .nif

2) -copy branch- BsLightingShaderProperty from the original .nif you modified or a similar piece of armor

3) -paste branch- BsLightingShaderProperty into your modified .nif

4) Click/Highlight your MODIFIED/NONVANILLA NiTriShape branch and then in the bottom tab/window scroll to the bottom, open properties and add the number that is on the left side of the BsLightingShaderProperty you copied FROM THE ORIGINAL/VANILLA armor. It will now be under your model and will ensure it shows up ingame.

5) Rejoice!

It was a nice thought. Problem is that I did that when I was 1st creating this, but just incase, I tried it again and still invisible armor. When I 1st tried this I was getting a CTD. Going through these forums I found a post with something simular and that guy ended up having to delete the dismembermod in 3ds max and recreate it. I tried doing that and my armor changed from CTD to invisible. I know i'm missing something because i've tried doing this from scratch about 3 - 4 times and I still can't get it to work.