Skyrim modding issues and fixes

PrometheusTS

Here's a new 1 for me. Does it count for number 1 when armor I create looks like its trying to fly off when I'm moving?

It looks like the only part that is connected to the character is at the knees so when my character walks the upper torso is flopping around. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Add how to fix the distortion during use of the weight slider

There are many ways , the main one is to not alter the vertices number and order, so it is usually suggested to use either the _1 or the _0 you are working on and then morph it on the _0 or the _1 , by morphing you can use different tools , like skinwrap , somuchmonster's plugin , morpher tool , the comform tool of the new 3dsmax 2012 but for me what usually works best is apply a lattice modifier around the vertices with a soft selection and drag the model into position over the other model ... this avoids the mess usually created when morphing tools do flatten parts or just mess them up ....

sometimes the imported vanilla models even if edited without changing any vertex can result in a bad morphing , to avoid that create a box turn into a polygon and attach to it the vanilla , then delete the box , now you have a clean polygon model you can work finely on ....

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this very issue out, and nothing I've done, and nothing mentioned here has fixed it. I get vertex distortion on any model I export. I've confirmed vertex weighting is correct, I've even attempted to set all the verts to one bone and I continue to get nothing but jagged meshes. I'm using the same model with somuchmonster's plugin, and yet any custom mesh, or altered Bethesda meshes (even unaltered Bethesda meshes) that I export demonstrate this problem. I've created fresh geometry and attached my meshes to it and the problem persists.

I'm completely at a loss. I'm importing and exporting meshes with the setting suggested from tutorials on the forums, and yet any mesh that goes through the exporter becomes corrupt. I can only concluded there's a problem with my plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey i have problem number 11 and/or 13 xD: I retextured an armor and all worked fine, but it somehow was black in sunlight, the opposite side as if the shadow was to strong, i tried to solve this but got no real change so i altered the shader from Env shader to default, and then: CTD

Either way i dont want to play xD can someone please help me?

Edited by Sacreficium

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this very issue out, and nothing I've done, and nothing mentioned here has fixed it. I get vertex distortion on any model I export. I've confirmed vertex weighting is correct, I've even attempted to set all the verts to one bone and I continue to get nothing but jagged meshes. I'm using the same model with somuchmonster's plugin, and yet any custom mesh, or altered Bethesda meshes (even unaltered Bethesda meshes) that I export demonstrate this problem. I've created fresh geometry and attached my meshes to it and the problem persists.

I'm completely at a loss. I'm importing and exporting meshes with the setting suggested from tutorials on the forums, and yet any mesh that goes through the exporter becomes corrupt. I can only concluded there's a problem with my plugin.

I had a similar problem recently with vanilla editing , nit even the attach to polygon edit trick worked ... Does ur mesh has a side flipped planes and shares some same vertexes positions? If so try to delete all flipped mirror faces and remove vertexes using the same space then eventually use a shell modifier to get a double sided plane like object ... That worked for me ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a small problem with a tail model I'm trying to add to a new race I'm working on, when I add it to my race in the creation kit it looks alright on the male but on the female it sits undeneath the bottom of the butt (sorry for the bad wording but I can't think of another way to say it). Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: here's the .nif I thought it might be helpful to upload it.

Edited by Fury945

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install the MOD Pines of Whiterun. Putting it in manually or with the modmanager doesnt want to work. It said it is installed correctly, but in the Skyrim launcher the option "Data Files" is still not highlighted. As far as I know I did everything according to the instructions.

I'm new to using mods, so maybe I did something wrong or forgotten something?

Thnx in advance.

EDIT: Found it after searching some more: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/494818-fix-making-data-files-clickable-so-you-can-load-mods/page__view__findpost__p__4041498

Edited by RazorBlades1979

Anyone know how to deal with these issues, or at least reduce the negative aesthetic?

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/ActusReus/2012-07-14_00006.jpg

This one being 2 issues, the 1st is the clipping where the trousers and knee-pad are clipping through the skirt and the 2nd issue is the horrendous stretching of the chain mail texture.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j398/ActusReus/2012-07-14_00001.jpg

This one is the stretching of the mesh and texture in the armpit during animation or poses other than idle.

Does anyone have any tips?

• 3 months later...

Hi okay so im having the problem were when i put on the armor ingame the game freezes for a second and crashes. Ive checked the body partitions and it all seems to be fine although i would rather have some assistants from more experienced mod makers to tell me if i have made somthing wrong so here are two pics of the ck with the body partitions.

Btw this is still an early version of the armor im making so yeah ignore the fact that there is still some default data in there :3

Edited by 4017jman