Hair glitch need help

NCRSoleSurvivor

Hi, I've just come back to Mass Effect 3 recently and decided to fully mod it. After modding the game though, Shepard's hair is completely messed up. Like all the hair options (aside from the colour options) are bugged, they are clipping and some even appear to cover Shepard's head with black, it's unreal.

If you want to get a look at what it looks like, check this link here

Does anyone know a solution to this? I know I could run a repair on the game through origin, but I have a lot of mods installed including texture mods and that could override everything I've installed and that's something I don't want to bring myself to do.

To tell you what mods I have, firstly the only texture mod I have installed is the ALOT of textures mod.
As for the DLC mods I have, here is a list of all the folders in my Mass Effect 3 DLC folder as shown in the image below.

http://i.imgur.com/woc0Uw8.png

If anyone knows the problem as to what is up with my files that is causing Shepard's hair to be that way, then please let me know. And if you know a fix to it then please also let me know and I will appreciate it, thank you for taking the time to read this ^.^

The only hair mod I have installed for Shepard is GPGm11 Leon from Hair Mods as DLCs it shouldn't really affect any of the vanilla hair as far as my knowledge goes.

I'll list the name of some of those mods there in that image you weren't able to identify:

EGM - Expanded Galaxy Mod

Miranda Mod

EGM Squadmate Pack

BackOff

ME3Recalibrated

JohnP's Alternate MEHEM

Citadel Epilogue Mod

Extended Final Anderson Conversation

Urz on the Normandy

There is more but that's just mostly the big DLC mods to list.

Also I think I might as well note, when I gave Shepard the hair, it does look okay, like nothing seems wrong, but just take a look here.

Check this image here as to what my Shepard looks like with the hair mod.

You can see just above Shepard's forehead that it is completely black, also his ear is sticking through his hair which shouldn't happen as far as I know. Also you can see that some of Shepard's neck is also black noticably leading up to the ear. Also I should note, in cutscenes when Shepard talks the inside of his mouth is completely black, no teeth and no tongue.

Also Kaidan has the same bug on his face, his face just starts flickering with blackness.

Edited by NCRSoleSurvivor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it has been a long time since I've reported this, but it turns out it was a problem with my GamerSettings.ini file in Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\Config, I ported over my same one on my external hard drive when I was backing up my PC before I wiped it, and this was back when I used a AMD graphics card as I am now using a NVIDIA graphics card. I just had to delete that file and it fixed it. Problem solved. Found the help from this link.

Edited by NCRSoleSurvivor

• 3 years later...

It's not the whole file that's the problem :)

open the file in notepad and delete this line:

TEXTUREGROUP_Character_Diff=(MinLODSize=512,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0)

that is what seems to cause the glitch. It happens when you install custom hair after installing something that modifies the gamersettings, such as ALOT textures...

Simply deleting that line allows you to keep other settings and upgrades.

Hope this helps!