Don't do any ME:Andromeda mods!

Melynxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people are so against Andromeda, I loved it :/ are you afraid of change?

Not sure. It's a lot of the same fetchy missions lumped together with some main. There are writing holes sometimes really big, voice acting done sunday evening when nobody cared, unfinished parts and so on, but it's still fun.

I don't understand why people are so against Andromeda, I loved it :/ are you afraid of change?

Not sure. It's a lot of the same fetchy missions lumped together with some main. There are writing holes sometimes really big, voice acting done sunday evening when nobody cared, unfinished parts and so on, but it's still fun.

It has flaws, yes, but it isn't the WORST game. I found it very fun and great, despite all the flaws :/

It has flaws, yes, but it isn't the WORST game. I found it very fun and great, despite all the flaws :/

I mean, it isn't Ride To Hell.

I mean, it isn't Ride To Hell.

Three things that really bugs me and make the game weird for me:

Spoilers ahead.

-Open word-ish for the sake of open world. like every modern video games has to be open world. I feel like the game looses in naration quality because of it. Also, I rarely had to open my quest logs in the precedent games or open the map. Everything was very smooth, now it isn't anymore.

-The similarities with the original trilogy. MA:E is for Mass Effect what Star Wars VII is for Star Wars IV, V, VI:

- Very hostile aliens you don't feel bad about shooting at before learning they are "corrupted" aliens. Like the Collectors.

- Ancient, advanced and very dead civilisation. The Remnants are like the Protheans.

- The whole Tempest crew. Cora = Jack, powerful biotic misfits. Peebee = Liara, nerdy asaris. Vetra = Garrus, kinda rebelious turians who gave up on rules because they slow them down... etc.

-I find most teammates unlikable.

One extra: those vaults are pretty convenient. What would the initiative have done without them? Deus ex Machina.

One very subjective extra: the casual player I am misses the time dilatation with sniper rifles. I hope the ricochet augmentation can save my poor accuracy.

I'm still having a lot of fun, though.

And let's be honest, change is always disturbing. Maybe we jsut need time to get used to it.

Edited by mollad

Melynxx, Whether you want Bioware to "pay" for the mistakes they made with this Andromeda's development is irrelevant. Bioware will only do so much with patches and you know that. Just look at Dragon Age Inquisition... Most of us have already purchased the game (I'm on my NG+ now), so Bioware is likely not suffering any backlash other than community whining. Modding is the only way to fully ensure that we get what we expected. Telling modders that they shouldn't create mods based on "bioware screwed up" is very short sighted.

Mostly it's not actually about the game, it's about one developer, who no longer works at Bioware, and accusations of him being a racist. Which was bad, because he wasn't a white racist, and rabid anti "SJW" mania. The rest is about ME3 ending,

I don't take notice of any pre-release hype, but found this fact out from many Forum posts on unrelated topics, long before the game released.

If it hadn't been the animations, they found fault with, it would have been another aspect of the game, and most of those judging it, have never played it, I suspect OP is one of those.

The way to show such disapproval, is by not buying the game. Not by telling those who have, to not mod it.

As for the game, having just finished it, with about 120 hoiurs played, I consider it the best in the series. I loved ME, disliked ME2 (Hated all the Cerberrus sections), and thought 3 good.

It has many flaws, but every game has many flaws, rven the best of them. It's why we mod them, but we can still enjoy it, None of them were game breaking.

Story was entertaining, and up to Bioware's standards, which are very low, in my opinion, as full of plot holes as the other games.

Single player gameplay was by far the best, and the design gives many choices of style, for replayability.

I never touch Multi-player, in a RPG and never will, so have no opinion, except it shouldn't even exist.

When mods exist to remove some of my annoyances, I'll play it again, need the tools first though, and that wwill take some time.

Mostly it's not actually about the game, it's about one developer, who no longer works at Bioware, and accusations of him being a racist. Which was bad, because he wasn't a white racist, and rabid anti "SJW" mania. The rest is about ME3 ending,

I don't take notice of any pre-release hype, but found this fact out from many Forum posts on unrelated topics, long before the game released.

If it hadn't been the animations, they found fault with, it would have been another aspect of the game, and most of those judging it, have never played it, I suspect OP is one of those.

The way to show such disapproval, is by not buying the game. Not by telling those who have, to not mod it.

As for the game, having just finished it, with about 120 hoiurs played, I consider it the best in the series. I loved ME, disliked ME2 (Hated all the Cerberrus sections), and thought 3 good.

It has many flaws, but every game has many flaws, rven the best of them. It's why we mod them, but we can still enjoy it, None of them were game breaking.

Story was entertaining, and up to Bioware's standards, which are very low, in my opinion, as full of plot holes as the other games.

Single player gameplay was by far the best, and the design gives many choices of style, for replayability.

I never touch Multi-player, in a RPG and never will, so have no opinion, except it shouldn't even exist.

When mods exist to remove some of my annoyances, I'll play it again, need the tools first though, and that wwill take some time.

Agreed with all of this. To be honest a lot of the problems, other games have them as well*, which I - if I'm honest with myself - was expecting them which is why it didn't come as much of a shock to me. It also helps that my favorite was always ME1 and not the other two, I mean they were alright, but whatever. It's just that I didn't set my hopes too high. :tongue:

Oh, and a note about ancient civilizations...so many RPGs have that...I mean a LOT of them do. ME1 was nowhere original on that account with the protheans. Hell, almost every Final Fantasy has "that" ancient civilization.

*Except ME:A facial animation, lol. Plain weird. And as far as my character goes, she's constipated whenever some emotion shows.

I do like ME:A though.

All this aside, yeah, this thread is a little silly in its purpose.