smileynuke2000

Hey guys,

Not sure if something like this is out or is in the works but I thought Id say my ideas.

Just as a side note I have never made a mod, so have no idea what is difficult/possible.

My idea is a conquest or settlement capture overhaul. So imagine at least two factions, the player is part of one faction and an A.I is another. Each faction is fighting for control over the commonwealth and this is done by capturing settlements. Each settlement has a point value to it, and the player must gain up to an X amount of points to attack the enemy capital.

The mod would start out by the player picking the capital settlement for his/her faction. These settlements would be the bigger settlements such as the castle or Sanctuary. Then the player could pick out little customization things for their faction such as the colors, name, motto, and fighting style.

After the player chooses their setup, they will be able to start taking over the commonwealth. By using caps to purchase and build up their base, they will be able to install fortifications, defenses, and resource collectors. Once they purchase enough troops they are able to attack a nearby settlement. Unless the enemy faction has conquered the settlement, the player will be facing raiders or another misc enemy. Settlement sieges will be run by the count of enemy vs. friendly units. Once one of the sides are drained to zero, the opposite side wins the settlement.

Each settlement will also have bonuses attached to them. For example one settlement may allow the player to build artillery support at their captured settlements.

Another huge part of this mod would be the economy of war. War is very expensive. You will have to pay for all of your troops, food, fortifications, fuel, ammunition, and other misc expenses. The player may earn caps through traditional ways, and/or earn tax from captured settlements. If the players faction's supply of caps runs out that is another way to loose. This however also goes for the enemy. You may win the game by using guerrilla tactics to destroy expensive installations of your enemy and drain their funds to zero.

I do have many more ideas but I think you get the picture of what I am imagining for a mod like this. I do not intend to mod this myself, because I am far too busy and have no idea how to mod. However, If somebody would like to make this a mod and want more ideas then feel free to contact me.

Cool concept. However it would also be a complete overhaul of the game. I am a newb modder but guessing a LOT of custom scripting and redoing the entire settlement system would only be part of it.