Oblivion Graphics glitch

nachtefuchs

I've had a problem with my Oblivion. One day when I loaded up a savegame I had, I noticed that all my shadows were gone, and such, made everything overly bright. I tried a reinstall, but the problem persisted.

I removed all my mods; still no shadows.

I removed my affected savegames (all of them); still no shadows.

So I thought it must be the patch. Sure enough, the problem only occurred when I patched up (Patch 1.2). I tried downloading the patch from other sources, but the problem sill persisted. I tried swapping patches around, and installed the Unofficial Oblivion Patch in place of the 1.2 patch. I still had no shadows.

So patching Oblivion is causing me to lose my shadows, is there any way to fix it so I can patch up without this problem, just short of having to format? Thanks for any help.

Shadows are controlled by game options, accessed from the main menu, or by the .ini file located in your Mydocuments folder. The type of lighting (bloom or hdr) can also play a significant role in how shadows look. For the most part, shadows kinda suck since only things like NPCs actually cast shadows. Static structures, like buildings, donot... Meanwhile there is that performance loss unless you have a higher end videocard.

Shadows are controlled by game options, accessed from the main menu, or by the .ini file located in your Mydocuments folder. The type of lighting (bloom or hdr) can also play a significant role in how shadows look. For the most part, shadows kinda suck since only things like NPCs actually cast shadows. Static structures, like buildings, donot... Meanwhile there is that performance loss unless you have a higher end videocard.

Perhaps a Picture to show what I mean:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Nachtefuchs/Oblivion%20Screens/GraphicsProblem.png

It's not supposed to be that bright, be it the shadows, shaders or whatever. Something's not working, and I would like to fix it :(

Archived