some general questions about what is possible and a few opinion questions

StrangeAngelx92

(also i have tried searching for these things but my search-fu is weak and i wasn't able to find any answers)

so ive been away from skyrim in general for a while now, so with the SE version i kinda need a refresher as to what is possible in the ck, as well as some new curiosities i had, and whether SE CK differs from what the original skyrim ck could do.

1) Is it possible to create new resistance types without the use of a script? (example : Light resistance)

2) is it possible to make Perks require legendary status before becoming available? (if scripting is needed for this one that's fine, but prefer not to)

2.5) as per above, Can you specify how many times a tree is legendary before a perk becomes available?

3) are there certain perk trees that cannot (or should not, because of difficulty or incompatibility) be merged? (to make space for new perk trees)

4) can the amount of skill ups required to level up be adjusted?

4.5) or if not, can the level up multiplier be reduced so its a flat rate? (example. reduce the multiplier to 0.0 and it would take exactly 5 skill ups for each level just like lvl 1)

i guess that's it for now, those are the main ck limits i was wondering about.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i also had a few question for anyone who reads this post that may or may not have answers for the above questions

- (you don't need to answer the ones below, obviously, im just curious on your opinion and looking for new ideas)

A) what level do, most of you/most people, get to?

B) would you ever play/consider playing through a multi-act story-line that eventually takes you through to level 150?

- (changes the base story substantially, and dawnguard/dragonborn dlcs would be reduced/changed completely)

- (leveling would be adjusted to compensate for length)

- (class system from oblivion reintroduced, but a bit differently)

- (perks would be limited to about 3-5 custom trees worth of perk points)

- (all monsters would be leveled/adjusted to constantly provide challenge)

- (the first act would take you to lvl 60, and each arc after would be 20 lvls except the conclusion at 30 lvls - in other words, 5 parts)

C) what kind of skills(perk trees) do you wish were in the game?

D) would anyone miss pure conjuration, block, alteration or lockpicking, if they were merged with other perk trees?

- (example: block merged with armor skills based on material type, conjuration/alteration merged with other magic trees based on summon/spell type, lockpicking merged with pickpocketing)

E) would anyone care/miss the amount of dragons in the game, if they were greatly reduce BUT each dragon fight would be on a grander scale and would require preparation type quests?

F) would you mind if for the first 1/5th - 1/4th of your total 4-5 part story, you were not the main protagonist but instead helped the main protagonist?

- (you would become the main protagonist after that story arc and would not "know" that your Dragonborn until a quarter-way / halfway through the second story arc)

- (that means no dragon shouts(or dragons) till quarter-way /halfway through part 2 - around lvl 55-60ish)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(oh and when i say "part or "act" i mean distinct Main Storylines that each have a beginning, middle and end, NOT separate mods you'd have to download individually, just in-case that wasn't clear)

Thanks for any help in advance :smile:

Edited by StrangeAngelx92

A) 120

B)not interested. I dont really play big "change all the things" quest mods. If you want to do it though hey no problem, there is a large audience for it.

C) necromancy, polearms, and daggers. I think dagers shoulld have had their own tree personally. The vannila trees are just boring in general.

D) yes

E) eh. Honestly i find combat in Skyrim to be tedious and boring if it draws out to long.

F) depends on how things play out. I dont mind though.

1. If by "Light Resistance" you mean "Sunlight Damage for Vampires", you can tweak that in the CK, wherever it's listed (Magic Effect? Magnitude may be under the Magic>Abilities as well, but it should start with the Magic Effect).

2. Unless the game has a way to track the number of times a particular Skill has been Legendaried, you may need a Script. You could probably do it by a List of "Legendary rewards" - items that are placed in a hidden container - each time a skill is made Legendary, and a set of Conditions that look for each item in sequence, with a specific item also required to be in that container before the Perk is applied. Similar to how a given vanilla Perk requires the Perk before it and possibly a given Player Level be acquired (i.e. can't get Unbreakable without taking Novice Locks).

D. Alteration theoretically could govern Illusion and Conjuration, since one alters the perception of reality and the other alters reality itself (or at least displacement of bodies between physical realms).

Block could be tied to Armor skills, with Heavy and Light in one tree. There are Block perks that only relate to, or could be limited to, each armor class. You're just not going to be a Blocking Hero if you're only taking full Light Armor. However, one could take one point of Heavy for increased Block skill. As well, the Perk that governs blocking with weapons could be moved to 2-handed, since you're not going to deflect a Hammer blow with a Dagger.

For that matter, all Skills could be merged into 3 base trees - Mage, Warrior, Thief - to make room for more Classes and Trees (. That would also allow you to mix or share certain perks between classes, and they would either have their own variation of a given perk (i.e. Blocking arrows and magic projectiles as a Thief, blocking projectiles (with a Perk solely to block arrows) as a Mage, or just be the vanilla perk, and it would count as taken in both trees, but only apply once.

However, the very same people who cried about the dumbing down of Skyrim and the loss of true RPG elements would also complain about expanded trees being boring and "I don't want to spend hours in the trees".

E. As someone who had Deadly Dragons and Dragon Combat Overhaul set up in Oldrim so that Ambushes were 100% guaranteed every 24 hours, and that 3 Dragons would spawn for each ambush, and one of those 3 would call for Reinforcements (another 3 dragons) at 80% health, and one of those Deadly Dragons had the ability to speed up the timescale considerably, which resulted in more spawns as the day rolled around every 11 seconds, which ultimately resulted in a sky so filled with dragons it can only be described as "one of those exotic fish tanks at the pet store, except with dragons", I'd miss them terribly. I'm already missing them since I get hardly any ambushes at level 81 because DCO makes them smarter, as in being able to know when you're able to mop the floor with them so they avoid you.

Edited by DocNewcenstein

First thanks for the feedback & for answering the optional questions, its very helpful :smile:

by light resistance, i meant like fire or shock resistance. and as far as the legendary tracking, the game seams to track the number of times skills are made legendary cause they have that "number of times made legendary" number underneath each skill, that's why i was wondering if that number underneath each skill can be referenced in a script or by the perks themselves to make new perks appear or become available.

Edited by StrangeAngelx92