Mod Manager Won't Install Mods Because of .ini File Error

joshhughes2

Hi, I am trying to install mods on Fallout 4, but the mod manager is saying that I need to edit the .ini files. I have done the proper edits as listed by Nexus, but then the manager says that I need to make other edits because the old edits are causing long load times. I have played Fallout 4 with mods before, but uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now the mods will not work. I am playing through steam and I have verified the integrity of the game cache, so I know all of the files are there, I just can not get the mod manager to install mods. How do I fix this?

I don't think you fix it. You change the situation. The video I have seen has you make a Fallout4Custom.ini in the documents folder instead of altering the Fallout4.ini. Make sure that INI file isn't set to read only and remove the lines. Then make a Fallout4Custom.ini and add these lines.

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ <- I add that because of what I am about to say.

The puprose of a Fallout4Custom.ini is that it overrides the Fallout4.ini. It also isn't deleted or overwritten by the Fallout 4 Launcher or Steam when you validate your game cache. The reason I prefer to add the strings portion is because I feel if I ever download a mod with loose strings files, and I don't know about it, I fear that Fallout 4 won't load them. I have never had one yet but it's optional if you don't want to do it.

T

Hi, I am trying to install mods on Fallout 4, but the mod manager is saying that I need to edit the .ini files. I have done the proper edits as listed by Nexus, but then the manager says that I need to make other edits because the old edits are causing long load times. I have played Fallout 4 with mods before, but uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now the mods will not work. I am playing through steam and I have verified the integrity of the game cache, so I know all of the files are there, I just can not get the mod manager to install mods. How do I fix this?

Thanks for the reply, I tried what you suggested, but I am still having the same, problems