[LE] Faction members murder each other

mu01xn

I've made a custom faction and added some leveled NPCs to it, but they all want to kill each other before me. I'm not sure why; I set their base objects as part of the faction, and these base objects show up in the faction list as members. I also set the ownership of their reference markers to the faction. Still they fight each other. Am I missing some basic setting somewhere? I've searched and found a couple of threads similar to this one, but all going unresolved (or proving unrelated). The faction itself has only one relation currently, and that's the player faction as an enemy.

Their aggression is set to Very Aggressive, but this shouldn't cause them to attack members of the same faction, should it? Is there some problem with adding custom leveled NPCs to custom factions?

EDIT - Well, it took a while, but I finally figured it out. For anyone else with the same issue - I didn't realize you have to add the faction as an ally/friend to it's own interfaction relations list. That list defines not just how members feel about other factions, but also how members feel about other people in the same faction. When I first filled out the interfaction relations list the faction itself wasn't among the valid choices, probably because I hadn't finalized the other details yet, but once I went back to edit it I could add the new faction to it's own interfaction relations list.

Edited by mu01xn

• 3 years later...