Fallout 4 crashes at the Workbench

Chiappetonne

Sup Guys, I'm Having really problems with my fallout 4 with the mods: Any mod Any Weapon and Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource, at the workbench, when i go to the selection of crafting tha game simply closes and thats it, i cant make any workbench, chem lab or anything under the selection of crafting, i never put those mods and i beleve i need a special workbench to make modfies weapons in any mod any weapon right ?, and someone knows how i fix this ?

Unlike FO3/FNV, which would often CTD or lock up for no reason at all, I've found that FO4 CTDs are almost always caused by one thing: broken FormIDs.

This means that:

1. Mod #1 implements some sort of resource for other mods to use.

2. Mod #2 depends on Mod #1 to be listed as a master file, and is dependent on its resources.

3. For whatever reason (usually a version mismatch), Mod #2 is referring to an item in Mod #1 that either doesn't exist or has been moved.

4. ???

5. PROFIT

The easiest way to track down this type of problem is to load up FO4Edit and do a "Check for Errors" on your load order. Look for error messages referring to unresolved FormIDs. Every single one of them is a solid opportunity for a CTD. That'll tell you which mods are to blame and give you some clues on how to resolve the issues.

The most common cause for CTDs like this (from what I've seen here and over on /r/FalloutMods) are an outdated version of the AWKCR plugin. Make sure that whatever AWKCR version you have active in your load order is the latest from the AWKCR page. Some mods (for some f***ing reason) include outdated versions that can replace the newer one if you aren't careful during installation.

Edited by WhiskeyRiver2

found two things that will cause the workshop menu to crash out:

1) bad formid like the others mentioned.

2) bad model file.

In both cases for me, its when I moved to the workshop section that contained the bad formid/model.

• 8 months later...

I've got a similar problem. However, the only thing in the whole game that will cause a CTD is attempting to mod any weapon on the vanilla weapon modification workbench. Armor, chemistry, weaponsmith, everything else works but not the weapon mod workbench. I've tried all the stuff above to no success, any more suggestions?

I've got a similar problem. However, the only thing in the whole game that will cause a CTD is attempting to mod any weapon on the vanilla weapon modification workbench. Armor, chemistry, weaponsmith, everything else works but not the weapon mod workbench. I've tried all the stuff above to no success, any more suggestions?

I would look at some of the weapon mods mods (modception? O.o) you have, since that seems like is what is causing it. Specifically bad meshes or missing meshes. Either re-install those mods or read their descriptions to see if you have missed something. Also a load order would be good for helping with troubleshooting.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Unlike FO3/FNV, which would often CTD or lock up for no reason at all, I've found that FO4 CTDs are almost always caused by one thing: broken FormIDs.

This means that:

1. Mod #1 implements some sort of resource for other mods to use.

2. Mod #2 depends on Mod #1 to be listed as a master file, and is dependent on its resources.

3. For whatever reason (usually a version mismatch), Mod #2 is referring to an item in Mod #1 that either doesn't exist or has been moved.

4. ???

5. PROFIT

The easiest way to track down this type of problem is to load up FO4Edit and do a "Check for Errors" on your load order. Look for error messages referring to unresolved FormIDs. Every single one of them is a solid opportunity for a CTD. That'll tell you which mods are to blame and give you some clues on how to resolve the issues.

Like Crafting workbench^^^^^

Sorry, my english is rough, but i think i can help.

Well the solution is this: Disable all and check one by one, i had this problem and i checked all the craftables mods for the ammunition items. (all made in the chemical workbench).

I checked this way and my crafting workbench mod was installing Armorkeywords so I unclicked it in the options for CW then also Armorsmith and Armorkeywords were outdating each other so I reinstalled Armorkeywords after uninstalling it then seeing what was acting like it then redo the options on the one acting like Armorkeywords and then unclick it then reinstall Armorkeywords to the newest version seemed to work at some point

PS: I have also used Xedit to clean empty master files, no not delete files like masters, that doesn't work anymore anyway with new versions of xedit, just scrub away the empty files just under the option to sort, also setesl as many files as are capable. Plus I use Ordenador a lot, maybe with that program i should not delete anything but just compress everything...

Edited by NateoXMewfii