Very new to this, need help

TechnicalDerpiculties

It's my first time using this so...

I'm trying to download Skyrim mods, when I click download with mod manager a loading screen pops up then nothing happens. I can't download it manually for some reason because the download speed I get is about 10 kbps then it stops. I'm guessing that was because my internet is bad. Still, I'm having difficulty trying to download mods here.

So how do your downloads work from other sites: equally bad? If so, then you should perhaps talk to your internet provider. If not, try another web browser. Or a different time of day to download something, when traffic is less intense. Or check the info here:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2230934-nexus-download-diagnoser-speed-test-reports/

Edited by DiogenesX

Instead of clicking on the green button named "Download with manager", you should try clicking on the blue link to the right of that button, after "or", called "download manually". Those downloads definitely work, at least if using the Mod Organizer for Skyrim Special Edition, according to my own experience (you install the downloaded mods, activate them in the MO, launch the game from the MO and then activate the mods also in SSE's mod section before starting a new playthrough).

Edited by DiogenesX

I can download mods manually just fine, that's how I've been downloading the whole time (though I'm at the mercy of my internet speed). I was wondering why download with manager doesn't work just out of curiosity. The initial problem I had turned out to be my internet being a potato. I'm good now, but I still wonder why the green button doesn't work for me.