Heavy Traffic ×

Settlers don't move to new settlement

IkeFanboy64

I've encountered a glitch that is seriously bugging me (no pun intended)

For some reason, when I move a settler to another settlement, they stay in their original settlement, just standing still, doing nothing.

Example:

My previous playthrough of Fallout 4, I've decided to make a supply line by connecting all my settlements to The Mechanist Lair (Like in Oxhorn's video) so I decided to move my robot settlers to the lair (minus codsworth) Ada was at the mechanist lair, but she didn't do anything, even though she was on a supply line, she just stood in the middle-ish of the lair (same with another bot) And when I had Jezebel move to the lair, she just stood in the middle of the road in Sanctuary.

In my current game, I have the abduction mod, so I can get settlers via pacifying enemies, as of this post, I've "Abducted" a raider at the Customs House, and a few gunners by sunshine tidings co-op, but they never show up at sanctuary, they're most likely just standing in the middle of nowhere.

I believe it's a problem with Don't Call Me Settler, even though I updated the mod from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3, it did sh*t all.

If I have to uninstall DCMS do I have to start a new game, even though my current playthrough is roughly a couple hours. I don't wanna start again.

I would either like:

A:Someone to tell me what version of DCMS i should use to combat this problem (Cause It worked fine on XB1)

or

B:To know that their is some mod/fix I can use to fix this problem (I.E. Some sort of fix for DCMS)

Oh and if your confused, I'm using the PC version of Fallout 4 (I upgraded from XB1 cause I don't need to worry about the limits)

Same problem for me but only with interiors settlements (vault 88, Mechanist Lair, somes settlements added by mods).

The thing is, I don't think it's just Interior settlements, Since when I did "Taking Independence" Preston didn't go back to Sanctuary, so I just had him stay at The Castle

UPDATE 2:

Downgrading DCMS and Placing It at the top of the load order did nothing. I have a feeling it's conflicting with one of my mods, I have a suspicion it has something to do with the Clean & Smooth Settlement Mods, though it still wont make sense as I'm not using "Clean & Smooth:Sanctuary" I'm using "DoYourDamnJobCodsworth" But it would be the most plausible as DCMS worked fine on XB1 and the C&S Mods I started using once I migrated to PC. It's also possible that it's conflicting with SimSettlements as (Just like Clean & Smooth) I started using after migrating. Either Way, I feel like it's conflicting with another mod related to the settlement system.

P.S. The only Mods I have relating to settlers are DCMS, Better Settlers, and Abduction (However the problem occurred before I installed Abduction)

The thing is, I don't think it's just Interior settlements, Since when I did "Taking Independence" Preston didn't go back to Sanctuary, so I just had him stay at The Castle

I never had such issues with exteriors, only interiors. Maybe i'm lucky.

If it is caused by DCMS, there's no known cure, which is a shame as it's a very good mod. I'm up to lvl68 and I can't assign settlers etc and the only solution appears to be starting a new game, mind you, I'll back up my saves, just in case a new version comes out that fixes the problem.

UPDATE 3:

I've turned off all Clean & Smooth Mods (except The Castle) and I'm gonna start a new game, Some of the Clean & Smooth Settlements rename the pre-existing settlers, and so does DCMS, so it would make sense if there were compatibility issues.

Let's hope I've fixed it

The problem was with DCMS, it was taken offline because of this bug. As Snapper said, there's no known fix, you just have to start a new game without that mod. I've asked several people to please try the new save cleaner and report back if that works but so far no one has done so. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22633/?