Desperate need of assistance

Alright sir you are a gentleman and a scholar it worked, only one problem though i don't get the option to save a .bsa name for my meshes and my meshes are not showing up on my character in game. I have a very pixelated face with no war paint or anything but everything else is fine. i get the option to save a name for my main.esp and my textures.esp but after that nothing comes up even though i've put my meshes in the list i'm going to spend some time searching around for a fix for that so thank you for all your help either way.

Extract your newly-created Main.bsa to a folder outside your Steam folder to see what all it packed, and if it put it all in the right places. Your Meshes may be in there. Sometimes editing vanilla characters using other vanilla assets like putting a vanilla hair/beard mesh on a vanilla NPC simply stores that record in the ESP itself, and doesn't need to generate a head mesh. Your new Erik head with the beard may have been placed into a Skyrim.esm subfolder, which should be fine and work in-game.

ok so if my meshes are infact packed without me needing to rename the meshes path myself could it be the missing head nif warnings that im getting thats causing my pixelated face? so far when i preview my npc i get warnings for should have been converted offline and missing head nif - shoe nif and clothing torso nif. or is this a separate problem ? or not a problem at all and can be ignored like some of the other warnings. after i exit the head nif message goes away but all shoe and clothing and hand specular map warnings still come up. this is for a seperate mod from erik i decided to try and make an npc as a separate mod and ive been working with that npc through these steps instead of Erik.

Edited by Flackjacks17

NIF problems are generally due to invalid paths contained within the NIF itself. Open it in NIKSkope and verify the paths. Not whether it works and displays properly in that program, but the actual directory structure embedded In the NIF itself.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need to rename the mesh path for any reason. If the loose file is not under Data/meshes/actors/character/FaceGenData/FaceGeom/Modname.esp, which is where the CK and the ESP are looking for it (especially to maintain the XB1 formatting constraints), then you have to put it there.

Similarly, Textures have to be under Data/Textures....

and your NIF's embedded texture map path has to match where the texture is.

For example, the embedded texture path for my altered Valerica head is:

data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\Dawnguard.esm\0003B8B.dds

However, the Specular map path is:

textures\actors\character\female\FemaleHead_S.dds

Note that one specifically calls "Data", s well as the Modname.esm folder, while the other doesn't. This is because the Specular map is the vanilla asset used for every FemaleHead.nif

I get a lot of "Should have been converted offline" errors on vanilla Masters. Apparently it's just more of Bethesda's oopsies. I also had a lot of blackface NPCs when I first moved my Improved Housecarls and Hirelings mod for Oldrim to SSE. I copied the folders directly over from one directory to the other, so everything was where it should have been. Eventually I extracted the BSA and re-created the archive in the new CK and that seems to have fixed it, though the loose files are still loose. I don't have a console to test it on, though.

Ok ive got Nifskope downloaded, ive extracted all of my meshes, voices, textures and everything into a seperate file inside of my data folder. i used BAE so that i could look inside to see if it was there but after i did that i got missing specular maps for even more stuff. Im so far away from being a computer guy and feel like a complete lost cause ahaha but i have no idea how to check in Nifskope the file path and or if i messed something up by extracting the files into a new folder im assuming i did but the original .BSA's are still in the same location so i'm not entirely sure why new warnings for more specular maps started coming up after that. Also if i find out through Nifskope that the file isnt in the correct location or that the ck is trying to read it from a different location im not really sure how to connect the two so it reads properly. Also you have listed your file paths to where yours is stored but i dont actually have a similar file path at all. There is no Textures or Meshes file under my Common > Skyrim Special edition, tab, Only in the data folder is that normal or should i create a texture and meshes folder in that tab and move textures and meshes there? When i open my meshes in NifSkope everything displays and the file path is in the bottom of the window but its just the file path to the extracted files so is there a tool in nifskope to show me the original file path or something? also my meshes give me three seperate NIF files when i open it under FaceGeom > Modname.esp and there are 3 .dds and 3 .tga files in the textures path for the mod as well should there only be ? could this be causing my issue?

^^ that seemed to be my issue i was copying everything from meshes and textures into the archive instead of just the updated version of it so i think it was overlapping or something either way i tried only using the newest save for it and my npc is now in game with no problems.... well i did move a chunk of the floor so im hoping im able to fix that somehow lol got a nice new sun roof in the winking skeever if not lol

Edited by Flackjacks17