question about create a new esp

juan255

I'm new making mods

I know how to edit characters to add mods clothes:

The problem is when I use heavy mods: for example I have the vanderfell imports mod (that about the morrowind armors) weighs almost 750mb, I edit an npc with one of those armors, all good, but when saving, my pc it does not support the Process of contruction set, and this closes the program (the editor is slowed down and tells me -not to respond-)

My only solution: is to somehow edit the mod by removing what i don´t need (obviously backing up and asking the author for permission to upload it). I've noticed that many mods come with armors taken from other mods, without the need for the original esp as a minimum requirement

I can extract the meshes and textures from the bsa but no idea how to use them to create a new esp files without so much weight or errors ¿any better solution?

i use a amd sepron 2.8 ghz with 2 gb ddr3

If it's for your own personal use just download the mod and in your own ESP create new armor/clothes that point back to the meshes and icons from the original. No need to activate the source mod ... but the downside is you will need to keep the meshes and textures you use from the source in their correct folders in your Data folder as long as you use your ESP (so you can probably see, you could also only copy the files and folders specifically required for the pieces you want to use ... use NifSkope to identify which textures are used by the meshes you want to use).

If you intend to release your ESP you will need permission from the original mod author if you include meshes/textures from the original mod in your download. Alternately you could require the other mod in your mod's requirements (so for users who don't download the source mod they will be greeted with the good old missing meshes/texture game errors).

Read the permissions for your source mods, quite a few will only require credit to use their assets.

If it's for your own personal use just download the mod and in your own ESP create new armor/clothes that point back to the meshes and icons from the original. No need to activate the source mod ... but the downside is you will need to keep the meshes and textures you use from the source in their correct folders in your Data folder as long as you use your ESP (so you can probably see, you could also only copy the files and folders specifically required for the pieces you want to use ... use NifSkope to identify which textures are used by the meshes you want to use).

If you intend to release your ESP you will need permission from the original mod author if you include meshes/textures from the original mod in your download. Alternately you could require the other mod in your mod's requirements (so for users who don't download the source mod they will be greeted with the good old missing meshes/texture game errors).

Read the permissions for your source mods, quite a few will only require credit to use their assets.

I already knew all you explained, but my principal question is *how use any textrure and meshes extracted from a mod, to make a not so hevy esp?* (if it's that possible)

or are there a better altenative than contruction set, or a solution for my cs´s problem?

Edited by juan255

Can you save a small ESP while Vvardenfell Imports's ESP is loaded as master?

If so, try this:

(1) Load Vvardefell Import into CS.
(2) Duplicate the item you want.
(3) Save it in your private ESP. It will have Vvardenfell Imports as master.
(4) Use Tes4Gecko to remove Vvardenfell Imports's ESP from your ESP's masters list.

Can you save a small ESP while Vvardenfell Imports's ESP is loaded as master?

If so, try this:

(1) Load Vvardefell Import into CS.

(2) Duplicate the item you want.

(3) Save it in your private ESP. It will have Vvardenfell Imports as master.

(4) Use Tes4Gecko to remove Vvardenfell Imports's ESP from your ESP's masters list.

i can't save dupilcates

in fact i can't save any thing with huge mods like vanderfell imports selected, the cs just close up when i'm saving

Edited by juan255

Which is why I mention that you can copy only the mesh and texture files from the extracted original mod to your game's Data folder, and then create new formIDs in your ESP that make just those Items you want from the original mod. The only thing added to your game's Data file will be the files you wish to use.

If in fact your problem is the meshes/textures are too highly detailed and your machine can't handle the large file sizes that result from that then you have a completely different problem, and I'm not the type who can direct you on methods to reduce the file sizes (e.g. PhotoShp, Blender etc).

Which is why I mention that you can copy only the mesh and texture files from the extracted original mod to your game's Data folder, and then create new formIDs in your ESP that make just those Items you want from the original mod. The only thing added to your game's Data file will be the files you wish to use.

If in fact your problem is the meshes/textures are too highly detailed and your machine can't handle the large file sizes that result from that then you have a completely different problem, and I'm not the type who can direct you on methods to reduce the file sizes (e.g. PhotoShp, Blender etc).

i'm really sure the problem are the heavy esp files in my pc, not the meshes and texture

i made a test: i deleted the vvaderfel bsa, and load de esp in cs save; cs get crashing as well

actualy I tried save with knight of the nine esp and the respecteve bsa; i got the same error

others esp not so heavy work fine in cs

i already extracted the meshe a textrue files i need.

Apparently there are a way to load them wihtout the original esp, to make a new one

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/221928-how-do-you-add-meshestexturesetc-to-the-construction-set-that-dont-have-an-esp-or-esm/

but i´m not sure about the detail,

any tutotrial or something?

Edited by juan255

Do the .esp files that work have any other .esp files as their master(s)? As in, if you have an .esp file that works, does it have any .esp masters, or only .esm masters? The normal CS does not allow using .esp files as masters for other .esp files. If you are trying to use the Vvardenfell Imports .esp file as a master for a new .esp file, using the normal Construction Set, the CS will not allow that. Just an idea. No one seems to have mentioned it yet, so I thought it would be nice to check just to make sure the issue it not caused by using an .esp as a master with the normal CS.

( EDIT: @Juan: Oops. Followed the link you gave. So, nothing new here ...)

Well, there is a tedious and boring method.

(1) Load Vvardenfell Imports ESP

(2) Take note of any assets used by the item you want (meshes, icons, whatever).

(3) Close the CS. Reopen CS, no masters needed (not even Oblivion.esm).

(4) Recreate the item you want, filling in the path- and filenames from (2) in their proper places.

(EDIT: @Juan: This is news, though. ^^)

Can you run Construction Set Extender? If so, steps (2), (4), could be automated with the help of its Coda script language (Get/SetBFCModelPath and friends).

Not surprising that the CS crashes when you load an ESP like that (i.e. one with lots and lots of new items added to the game) but don't have any of the meshes or textures for those items listed in the ESP available in your game's Data folder for the CS to load.

You could look at it this way ... the crash is the Constructions Set's version of the game's missing meshes/missing textures errors (as a test load the game with the Vvardenfell ESP active but with the Vvardenfell BSA deleted ... if the game loads at all you will be in error code heaven).

TES Alliance is a good source of tutorials (registration required).