Trying to make companion's weapon scale with level, help~

Ah, I understand what you mean. So there is no such a think called "weapon damage multiplier" that I can manipulate (add it or set it)?

I thought it works like the automatic receiver. They do overwrite the weapon speed. (so the weapon speed only effects automatic weapon, right?)

So which mult effect melee weapons attack speed by the way?

So if I do the crDamageKellogg perk method, would it multiple the bonus twice when player reach the second condition?

When level 15, multiple by 1.2, when reach level 25, multiple by 1.4; then it becomes 1 * 1.2 * 1.4?

Edited by hydralisk_mk2

"Mod weapon attack damage" = seems to scale ballistic and energy guns and melee damage. Not sure if gun bashing. It does NOT work on grenades or explosives(like fatman).

So, if you want perk that increases melee damage only, you use:

"Mod weapon attack damage, multiply value x.xx"

Conditions: IsMeleeAttacking == 1 or you can run it on keywords like: WornHasKeyword WeaponType1hMelee etc..

Check the Fallout 4 original perks and you can see how they are all done. For example check BigLeagues01.

Automatic receivers, each weapon has it's own mod, otherwise every weapon would have same fire rate with that receiver.

Mod weapon attack damage without any conditions does indeed work with every weapon(non explosive), but if you use set value, it sets every weapons damage to same value. Thats why multiply is much better.

Just take a look at the vanilla perks, all of them and you will learn a lot :smile:

edit: ugh, you just edited your post let me answer soon.

Edited by vkz89q

1, So which mult effect melee weapons attack speed by the way?

2. So if I do the crDamageKellogg perk method, would it multiple the bonus twice when player reach the second condition?

When level 15, multiple by 1.2, when reach level 25, multiple by 1.4; then it becomes 1 * 1.2 * 1.4?

1. I know actor value "animationMult" affects melee speed, but it also affects moving speed and all animations.. not sure if there is another way to increase melee attack speed by perks.

2. When level 15-25 it will multiply by 1.2 and when level 25 or higher, it will multiply by 1.4.

So if he is using weapon with 10 damage:

Level 23 he would have 10 * 1.2 = 12 damage

Level 50 he would have 10* 1.4 = 14 damage.

Ah, I understand what you mean. So there is no such a think called "weapon damage multiplier" that I can manipulate (add it or set it)?

No, there seems to not be this function for perks that would do something like: Take % of base value and add it.

Like, you want to add extra 10% damage, there is no add 0.1 multi or something like that. You need to multiply and thats how all vanilla perks are done too.

Edited by vkz89q

1. I know actor value "animationMult" affects melee speed, but it also affects moving speed and all animations.. not sure if there is another way to increase melee attack speed by perks.

2. When level 15-25 it will multiply by 1.2 and when level 25 or higher, it will multiply by 1.4.

So if he is using weapon with 10 damage:

Level 23 he would have 10 * 1.2 = 12 damage

Level 50 he would have 10* 1.4 = 14 damage.

OK, So I don't have to remove previous rank if I do it this way.

I just have to add a keyword for companion weapons to be scaled. :D

Thanks a lot!

Edited by hydralisk_mk2

OK, I made it work, but I wonder what does this means exactly:

PRKC run on index (under perk condition)

if I don't set it to 1 in the keyword comparison session, it doesn't work.

If I check keyword first and then check player level, it won't work.

keyword conditions must have PRKC run on index set to 1.

conditions of number comparisons (such as level or health) must have PRKC run on index set to 0.

Why? O.o