Naming Your Potions

Narmix

I would love this feature. We had it in Morrowind and then in Oblivion... but they did not include it in Skyrim. Yet they let you name your enchanted weapons/armors!

I assume carrying the feature of naming objects over from the enchanting system shouldn't be too hard, since the potion crafting menu is almost identical to the item enchanting menu.

Maybe there's even a hidden option somewhere to enable naming potions. I don't know the logistics, but I miss this feature so much.

I loved becoming a good alchemist, writing down awesome ingredient combinations to make my special poisons, and naming them as such. Please someone, endeavor to do this!

<3s forever.

-Narmix

Edited by Narmix

• 1 month later...
I came to the forums just to see if someone had suggested this already... and here you have! I second this wish, bigtime. I hate not having control over how the potion is listed. If I could even just choose which effect to use as the name for a potion with multiple effects, that would be sweet.

• 3 months later...

Like the previous poster I came by here and ran a search just to be sure this had not already been requested.

Please, please, pretty please.. with homemade chocolate chip cookies and cherries on the side, would somebody be able to create a mod that allows us to name our own potions à la Morrowind and Oblivion? ;) Apart from the fun and roleplay potential of this feature, it allowed us to give good, descriptive names to multiple effect potions.

I would assume, since it's possible to name enchantments, that the ability to incorporate such a tweak should exist..

Honestly... I personally feel that Bethsoft took the fun out of potion-making in Skrim, turning it into a nasty, tedious grind (half of my mod list is simply trying to improve the alchemy experience). Not being able to even name our potions adds yet more insult to injury. Granted, alchemy in the previous two games (MW especially) could be really overpowered, but I feel this time they went too much in the opposite direction and made it a chore.. which has turned out to be pretty pointless anyway because so many people use the three crafts together to create insanely powerful gear.

Anyway... rant aside, I'd seriously appreciate it if some kind soul out there were to create a mod allowing us to name our own potions! :hurr:

Does anyone even know if this is possible? If it is, someone should definitely pick this up. I make combo effect poisons all the time, and it would be nice to know the difference between them.

It might be possible, but probably not in the -exact- same way as enchantment since I believe it is built into the game. But someone could add a mod where you can name it -after- you make it.

EDIT: I'll take a crack at this tomorrow :)

Edited by Cynster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Bump! Anybody willing to take a crack at this? Pretty please?

The next best option for me is to only make single-effect potions. Because otherwise, the names for multi-effect potions are useless and confusing.

Edited by dgmul

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd link to the closest looking mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56347/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D56347%26preview%3D&pUp=1

If all you're after is potion names that reflect all the effects, it looks like this will do. It won't help as much if you want to personally name your potions / poisons though.