4 replies to this topic

AeliosZero

AeliosZero

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Hello there. 

I have never really liked mod managers and have always preferred installing mods manually. That was until I accidentally corrupted my Fallout 4 Game and had to redownload it (Over hours on Australian Internet). I decided since I have to start from scratch with installing mods I would use Nexus Mod Manager instead. So I downloaded it, ran it. It scanned for games and found Fallout 4, Skyrim and No Mans Sky. I thought awesome and continued to the next phase... Then it just gave me some message saying 'No games were detected! Nexus Mod Manager will now close.' and then it shuts down. 

Does anybody know why this might be happening and have any solutions on how to fix the issue? Or should I just go back to installing mods manually and create a better backup system like I normally do (Which I should have done in the first place)?

Any response is greatly appreciated! Thankyou. 

Gasmotron1

Gasmotron1

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i think this happened to me before, you may have to rescan or manually set the destination for the games

AeliosZero

AeliosZero

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Still isn't working for me :/

Alfalfa123123

Alfalfa123123

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Here's how it works.

When you first boot up NMM, what will happen is that it will start scanning for games in some typical spots. This is automatic, and you've already figured this out.
AT THIS POINT, DO NOT CLICK ANY of the buttons at the bottom.

What you want to do is click all the to add them to you gamelist, or whatnot.
NOW you want to click "Stop Search", and then "Okay" which should now be available to click.
DO NOT click "Cancel" unless you want to actually stop.

If you did all of that, and you're still getting that message, then it doesn't make any sense, since the way you describe it is contradictory. It finds the games but then says that no games are detected.
If you're still stuck I recommend doing what Gasmotron1 said, as there's nothing more to be said about your problem.

I will say that having a mod manager is very nice, at least keeping an app like Loot, as keeping a stabilized load order and preventing conflicts is difficult to do manually.

Edited by Alfalfa123123, 10 April 2017 - 03:26 AM.

AeliosZero

AeliosZero

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Thanks for this! Turns out that I had to click the tick (I thought it automatically ticked it when it found the game). I appreciate the help you posted!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tech, support, troubleshoot, help, broken, nexus, mod, manager, mods, fml

Page loaded in: 1.116 seconds