Fallout 4 Optimization and Performance Systems Explained

XPRI is filled when you generate previs. I don't think it is actually used in-game, though I could be wrong

Just the other day, I made a patch for Greekrage's Fort Hagen and Boston Natural Surroundings.

Quite unexplicable at first, the landscape at the entrance gate would be heavily deformed in-game, whenever I loaded the patch. The deformation could neither be seen when just loading BNS or just loading the Fort Hagen Mod. There was no evidence of it in Creation Kit while making/editing the patch either.

After deleting a bunch of XPRI records from the patch, the landscape was fine.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XPRI is filled when you generate previs. I don't think it is actually used in-game, though I could be wrong

Just the other day, I made a patch for Greekrage's Fort Hagen and Boston Natural Surroundings.

Quite unexplicable at first, the landscape at the entrance gate would be heavily deformed in-game, whenever I loaded the patch. The deformation could neither be seen when just loading BNS or just loading the Fort Hagen Mod. There was no evidence of it in Creation Kit while making/editing the patch either.

After deleting a bunch of XPRI records from the patch, the landscape was fine.

Good to know. I was basing this on messing up the XPRI data when merging previs built with a temp plugin into the main plugin, resulting in nothing but "could not be resolved" errors for that subrecord. Previs (and precombineds) were perfectly fine.

Combined with what you saw, that would mean it is actually used for something, but if it is missing that doesn't break previs. Definitely good to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Recently I created an .esp inside the CK, to regenerate the precombine meshes and previs data for the CabotHouseExt we found in the vanillar game.
Following the instructions found in the Red Rocket TV video, I regenerate, using the World > Precombine Geometry for Current Cell and both Generate Visibility for All Loaded Cells and Generate Precombine Visibility for All Loaded Cells, for the CabotHouseExt cell.
I have archived the precombine and previs data on a .ba2 archive, called MyEsp - Main.ba2, and I have it in the bottom of my load list.
Ain't work at all. The funny thing is that I did the same procedure for some interior cells and the flickering/invisible meshes thing, caused by precombine and previs issues, was fixed, but it didn't work for an exterior cell.
What Am I missing here?
Here is a video of the process I done, the key moments are
00:00:58,
00:08:36,
00:09:16,
00:27:39,
00:47:40 ,
and the gameplay starts at 00:52:20
Even after finishing the regeneration process, the issue remains...
Any help will be appreciated!
Edited by ShanxTadeu2

ShanxTadeu2

Egads ... why is it taking so long to do Vis. I just repaired 27 cells in my Sanctuary Mod and it took about 12 - 15 min all together ... and it an old computer. Sorry don't have time to watch the whole video. But if you followed the procedure according to Red Rocket TV it should have worked. However ... I had a similar issue and eventually had removed all my mods and had to re-install the game and then it worked fine. Yeah fix precombines somehow breaks precombines ... that not suppose to happen. You might have a mod conflict, your .ini files may need editing ((( bUseCombinedObjects=1 not 0 ))). Try verifying your game using steam before you reinstall the game ... if that don't work ... delete all your .ini files and start the game (do not load a save game) exit ... then edit the new .ini files according to just install mods. If that still does not work I say remove and reinstall the game. But dang that took way to long ... for one cell.

Edited by WapperJaw

Anyway ... I was wondering if mods that let you work in build mode out of the original workshop boundaries, (not using a scraping mod) just using vanilla and scrapping stuff like trees and logs that you can normally scrap in the settlement ... break precombines?

ShanxTadeu2

Egads ... why is it taking so long to do Vis. I just repaired 27 cells in my Sanctuary Mod and it took about 12 - 15 min all together ... and it an old computer. Sorry don't have time to watch the whole video. But if you followed the procedure according to Red Rocket TV it should have worked. However ... I had a similar issue and eventually had removed all my mods and had to re-install the game and then it worked fine. Yeah fix precombines somehow breaks precombines ... that not suppose to happen. You might have a mod conflict, your .ini files may need editing ((( bUseCombinedObjects=1 not 0 ))). Try verifying your game using steam before you reinstall the game ... if that don't work ... delete all your .ini files and start the game (do not load a save game) exit ... then edit the new .ini files according to just install mods. If that still does not work I say remove and reinstall the game. But dang that took way to long ... for one cell.

Thanks for your reply!

I follow your instructions, to see what will happen, and post a feedback here, later.

About your question, it's a common sense that such mods only break precombines if the object you scrapped was a part of a precombine. I use the Scavenger mod and I didn't find any issues (i didn't scrap anything in the cells I have issues)

For anyone curious about the process of building precombines and previs for large mod lists, here is a sneak peek of some of the scripts I use.

This is NOT a working solution that can just be used as-is, but may contain a bunch of useful information about the details of the process.

The most useful file in this archive is most likely the patcher that can be used to generate a version of the CreationKit.exe file that's byte-patched so it can handle loading tons of plugins at once. It's less likely to see the OUT OF HANDLE ARRAY ENTRIES error because the patched CK can handle 4x more records.

It also includes the fix for the problem that the original CK exe doesn't produce working precombines when used with the command line parameters for automating the process, basically the byte patch I originally posted on page 43 of this thread.

ShanxTadeu2

Nope, I had the bUseCombinedObjects=1 on my Fallout4Custom.ini

Deleting the inis and starting a new game didn't solve it.

I don't know how to solve this thing. Works for interiors, it doesn't for exteriors. Damn!

ShanxTadeu2

Sorry man ... looks like something gone foo-bar in the game. I assumed you tried verifying your file with steam also, I say your next step is re-installing the game. But If you have a good system (hardware) for as long as it took ... I'd also say you have other issues with your system ... etc. Took way to long ... you just repaired one Cell ... correct?

So I didn't watch the whole vid. If you did a cell twice you broke the repair ... it will not work and need a fresh file to start over, so I hope you saved it prior to the repair procedure. There is a way to fix it from what I understand, but I just start over with a new save file prior to the repair. Another thing you can try instead (if all you have is one or two cells to repair) in VIS is to just do current cell.

Edited by WapperJaw